New to site

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Gigolojim

Post by Gigolojim »

Hello I’m Jim from fleetwood I just got f-type v6 2016
It’s got a ghost immobiler in it and i put the code in and start it and the power steering won’t work and wen it dies it stops working on route any suggestions

scm

Post by scm »

Can't help I'm afraid, but welcome to the forum. Sorry you had to join because of an issue, though, no doubt someone will be along to offer help soon.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You need to contact Autowatch direct to confirm if the Ghost2 is working correctly. I suspect it isn't the problem as it will either simply prevent you starting or driving at all, or if it's been put in valet/service mode then just allow you to drive in a restricted manner for 15 minutes then shut down (ie valet parking, service drive into workshop).

https://www.autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I’m guessing that if yours is one of the early electric power steering ones it may be more likely to have an electrical glitch than the original hydraulic ps versions.
Sounds like the best way forward is to have it checked visually for damage and then plug it in to see what fault codes are being thrown.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust