New member from North West (R 75) - Hello :)

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

Hello, my name is Amanda, I just use the moniker Lady Eleanore as it's a name I use on a different car forum and it's my favourite Lindisfarne track (shows my age I guess). It is a misspelling of afore mentioned track though :D

I've just sold my M3 Competition Xdrive and bought an R75, which I've got for 4 years on a PCP. Sadly, as new orders have stopped, I was a bit limited in what was left and the deals I could get on those few cars. Anyhooo, its Eiger Grey (yes I know it's a bit ubiquitous, but it will look fine once it's detailed). It also has the Oyster interior, which is not ideal, but it does look nice, at least whilst it is new :D Climate pack and sunroof are the only options of real interest I guess.

I'm currently running it in, as is my custom and hope to be able to give it full beans by the end of December, weather permitting :)

I'll drop a write-up on my thoughts about it compared to my previous M3 once it's ready to be driven a bit harder. Having said that, the M3 was a bit of a weapon and had a completely different set of charms.
My real name is Amanda, the username is a reference to my favourite band :)

munchie

Post by munchie »

Welcome Amanda. I’d be interested in the comparison too with the M3, I’m sure that apart from the looks and sense of occasion in the F the M3 is a better car in all other respects.
Mind you I’d still choose the F over an M3 and I did only 7 months ago.
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome! I'm a Meet Me On the Corner man myself, but they're all good!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

munchie wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 am Welcome Amanda. I’d be interested in the comparison too with the M3, I’m sure that apart from the looks and sense of occasion in the F the M3 is a better car in all other respects.
Mind you I’d still choose the F over an M3 and I did only 7 months ago.

I actually bailed out of the M3 PCP 2 years early. It was an astonishing car, every bit as good as the glowing reports said it was. An almost foolproof missile, who's only shortcoming was its size, the weight really is not an issue (I have no idea how it isn't, but the M3 G80 felt lighter than my previous M4 F82). And yes, by every metric, the M3 seems to be a better car than the F Type, but I need a car with soul and the M3 is simply too polished for its own good. Perhaps the new M2 (RWD) would have been the answer, but I am not ready for those looks! I do like a straight 6 engine, though, I am a sucker for the smoothness :)

And yet... I never got the "fizz" from the M3. I got that special feeling from the older M4, a car that repeatedly tried to kill you (in a good way) because it looked fantastic, sounded pretty lairy (I had the MPE exhaust, so the car sounded like a stabbed walrus on 'speed'). The F type hopefully will rectify my yearning for that special sense of occasion as well as being pretty quick in its own right :) I have never owned a V8 and as this is probably the last silly car I will own before retirement and submission into buying a eurohatch, I thought why not scratch that itch whilst I can just about afford it. So far I don't regret the decision, although the SIM card has now stopped working and there is no locking wheel nut with the car (it is meant to be getting detailed soon and of course the wheels need to come off).

I have bought the AAWireless dongle so that now have wireless Android Auto and so far it works seamlessly :)
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

scm wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:29 am Welcome! I'm a Meet Me On the Corner man myself, but they're all good!
Can't fault you with that one. Winters Song is another great track...oh heck, they all are.

Interesting fact for none-Geordies or fans, "Meet me on the corner" is about drugs.
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

"Interesting fact for none-Geordies or fans, "Meet me on the corner" is about drugs." - prescription ones :shock:

I know the Lady Eleanor song - but '71, i was just starting @ prep school.

Anyway, welcome....
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

DavidP wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:03 pm "Interesting fact for none-Geordies or fans, "Meet me on the corner" is about drugs." - prescription ones :shock:

I know the Lady Eleanor song - but '71, i was just starting @ prep school.

Anyway, welcome....
I was still at junior school in 71. But I got to see Lindisfarne perform a few times at their Christmas Concerts :) Thanks for the welcome.
scm

Post by scm »

I saw them in Brighton just after Dingley Dell was released. The live perfomance sounded just like the record!
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

scm wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:10 pm I saw them in Brighton just after Dingley Dell was released. The live perfomance sounded just like the record!
Brilliant musicians and their lyrics were superb. I am biased, as I was born in Newcastle (upon Tyne)
scm

Post by scm »

Lady Eleanore wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:43 pmBrilliant musicians and their lyrics were superb. I am biased, as I was born in Newcastle (upon Tyne)
We all have our crosses to bear! Hope the fog wasn't too bad for you! :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post