Hello fellow group members

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Owllo

Post by Owllo »

I’ve joined to hopefully gain some knowledge and insight into these amazing cars!

I purchased my F Type back in March (after obsessing for 3 years) and although I had fun over the summer, I now have time to spend correcting a few of the little niggly things that I’ve found over the first 5k of ownership. This image was taken a few weeks after collecting him.

I look forward to contributing when I can

MY2014 F TYPE 3.0 V6 s

Cheers,

Martin

IMG_9753.JPG

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome to the forum, Martin. What took you so long? 😂
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome aboard! It took me 4 years to get mine - I thought I'd keep my XKR forever, but I was eventually tempted to downsize to the smaller, more fuel efficient F-Type! The only thing I miss are the tiny back seats, which were a handy storage feature. Apart from that, no regrets!

What colour is yours, it looks great?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome Martin.

So what’s on your list of things to do?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Owllo

Post by Owllo »

NavigatorNI wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:38 pm Welcome to the forum, Martin. What took you so long? 😂
Thanks! I’m not entirely sure but I do have 9 months of questions to get through so I’m sure you’ll be sick of me by the new year :lol:
Lunar wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 am Welcome Martin.

So what’s on your list of things to do?
So far I’ve…

Retrofitted wireless Apple CarPlay
Removed the boot lining to address the leak
Changed the rear bumper for a new (secondhand) one

Next on the list.

- Rebuild the front end as the front bumper and headlights are currently out.
- Changing air filters at the same time
- The power steering reservoir has a slight leak
- The washer reservoir also leaks and shows “low fluid”
- both front wheel arches are cracked so therefore if I can find some reasonably priced secondhand ones, these will be changed.
- I may sound deaden the cabin as there are quite a few rattles from the sound system.

I’m not that mechanically confident but more than happy to address bodywork, electrical, interior etc.

No major mods planned, I just want it back to its best :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sounds like a good plan to keep you busy - hopefully in a nice warm garage!

Which CarPlay unit did you install and does the reversing camera switch over smoothly?

I also have a Bosch head unit and have been considering this for some time, but currently am happy with my phone horizontally held in a clamshell holder on top of the centre vent, which is at a nice height to see. I usually have my roof down if it's not raining so the centre vent rises for heat and puts it at the perfect level! :D
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Owllo

Post by Owllo »

Lunar wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:31 am Sounds like a good plan to keep you busy - hopefully in a nice warm garage!

Which CarPlay unit did you install and does the reversing camera switch over smoothly?

I also have a Bosch head unit and have been considering this for some time, but currently am happy with my phone horizontally held in a clamshell holder on top of the centre vent, which is at a nice height to see. I usually have my roof down if it's not raining so the centre vent rises for heat and puts it at the perfect level! :D
I’ve found everything works as it should with this unit (inc reverse camera). I wasn’t sure if I can post external links so here’s a screenshot from the eBay purchase (they are still selling the unit, I just checked)

IMG_3288.jpeg

It was a little fiddly to hide the unit in the centre console as I found the one cable could have been a little bit longer but that’s probably down to me not putting it in the correct place.

I hope this helps 👍
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep that’s very useful - many thanks for the feedback.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post