Hello from the nearly North

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Roo

Post by Roo »

Hi there,

I stumbled across this wonderful forum while on my daily F-Type browsing. I live in the Northeast of England and have been slowly tracking my dream car over the past 6 months as the prices get more realistic. Getting seriously itching feet now and hoping the right deal comes up soon!

I’d got my heart set on a post 2020 (facelift) R, preferably in white, but after pouring over hours n hours of youtube reviews I’m now considering the R-Dynamic as well.

Would be great to hear any thoughts from actual owners (rather than vloggers) who use their cars on a daily basis, and on real roads...not mountain passes. I drive around 30 miles a day on my usual commute, and there’s a few moments along the way where I can “give it the beans”. But is the R just extra power that I don’t really need for the extra 10K? Some folks seem very happy with the 450 version, and the exhaust sounds seems equally iconic.

Cheers for any info/thoughts 😊
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum! Can't speak for the 450 as I've only got an old full fat R AWD (!) but I'd say only you can decide how much the extra power would be worth to you. I'd say yes, just because ... :lol:

Enjoy the test drives!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The facelift R has the chassis configuration from the SVR, so will drive that bit nicer. Not night and day different, but a bit more fluid and comfortable (according to many reviewers).
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Roo

Post by Roo »

Thanks! 😊 …and that’s a good answer! @scm “just because” is right up there with…. “no regrets”. I think I’m just getting impatient waiting for them to get closer to the 50K mark.

I actually took out the R last year for my testdrive and fell in love with it (even though I’d intended to take out the R-Dynamic). So it might actually be a good idea to try and get another in the 450.

Cheers for the info on the chassis configuration @mickjaguar, I'd not picked up on that.... despite the marathon of reviews I'd watched.
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
munchie

Post by munchie »

Remember the 450 can be tuned to 600hp quite easily as I well know ;)

I'm on the understanding that the P450 chassis and gearbox inherited the tweaks from the SVR also but the R brought more standard kit which was optional on the P450 and a slightly different body kit. From memory a difference between R and P450 is the tyre widths from front to rear are different than on the P450.
Roo

Post by Roo »

hahaha nice to know ;)

The most noticeable difference (and I know it shouldn't make a difference) to my taste is the rear diffuser - I just love the body coloured trim on the R, but it seems quite a few of the R-Dynamics have that too. Really showcases the exhausts.

Currently waiting for a video tour of one now from a dealer .... exciting start to the year
munchie

Post by munchie »

Roo - I brought a fully loaded P450 AWD on the understanding that I could tune it to 600hp. The rest of the visual effects could be changed quite easily and at a substantial saving from purchasing the equivalent R.
With the R you do have the kudos of the badge, but even the badge can be replaced on the P450 easily ;)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It'd be ideal if they would remove fuse 15 for part of your test drive. Gives it a proper V8 burble at low revs, so much better. Probably not something the dealers should do, I suppose.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Roo

Post by Roo »

Another day and more awesome tips :) thanks all!!! Super useful.

I've noticed a few people posting for vehicle checks on the forum, this seems really cool. If anyone has any details on the following registrations that would be ace (or tell me where I should be posting :)) - got a couple of enquiries with -

VK69 HZG (white R-Dynamic with interesting spoiler)

SP20 RYY (blue R-Dynamic)

any info greatly appreciated
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

The 450 doesn't have the same suspension or chassis tweaks as the R, hence why the massive price difference.
Its not just the toys that make up that price difference.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies