Hello from the nearly North

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
FTyper99

Post by FTyper99 »

Hey Roo,

I've got a 6-month-old P450 75 and I am based in South Yorkshire so not too far from you, I drive it daily (average about 30 miles a day also) and like you have some nice opportunities to open her up on my commute to and from work.

I've not had a single issue and absolutely love driving it every day. I've been surprised and pleased with the versatility of the car. I was super worried about speedbumps before I got it and it's been super over all of the ones around me (there is one I have not dared to test yet but I can route around it easily enough). It does the weekly shop, commutes to work, weekend trips out etc.

It's been fantastic in all the weather we've had so far. I was planning on getting a second set of alloys and some winter tyres for it over the winter months but haven't as of yet (I've struggled to find stock of the size I need) but haven't really felt like I needed them so far (watch it snow now next week :lol: ). She tried to step out on me once last week in snow mode coming off a roundabout on a mildly damp road which surprised me a bit as I really didn't put my foot down much and drive that roundabout multiple times a week, I suspect maybe something (oil) on the road potentially.

Overall I've had no regrets in buying and using this as my daily and it brings a smile every time I get in.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.
FTyper99

2023 P450 75 - Santorini Black.

FTyper99

Post by FTyper99 »

Roo wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:16 am VK69 HZG (white R-Dynamic with interesting spoiler)
Oh and just a note on the Spoiler on the white one, that's the Standard Jag fixed spoiler, which I also have on mine. :)
FTyper99

2023 P450 75 - Santorini Black.
johnnymiller1000

Post by johnnymiller1000 »

I looked high and low for more info on exactly what is different between the P450 and the R when I was shopping for mine, but couldn't find any definitive details beyond received wisdom on what exactly is different apart from the tyres and power level, I also find some slightly confusing info that suggests the brakes might be slightly bigger on the R. I guess there must be a parts manual somewhere where we could compare part numbers on brakes/suspension parts and ARB's etc. to find out definitively.

In the end after driving both, I settled on the F-Type being more of a GT Car compared to what I'm used to (Lotus), so was happy with an ex management BRG P450AWD with most of the interesting options and a remap to 600 from Viezu. At the time the cheapest comparable R was more than £25k more which I didn't think was good value, although I don't think the gap between them is the same now so the R might be more appealing.

Can't go wrong either way in my view, they're all great cars, as long as you accept its more at the rumbly GT end of proceedings than a scalpel sharp sports car.
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

It's still early days but I'm loving my P340 R-Dynamic MY18, RWD manual. I think it's outstanding value considering the looks, how it handles and the sound! For me a 3L V6 is the sweet spot if the car will be your daily. Every drive is now an experience and you will find yourself looking for any excuse to drive it.

I daily drive mine from West to South Yorkshire so roads are a mix of A and B roads but I can't wait to get lost when spring comes around Snake Pass, Holme Moss and the likes.

Not a lot of info on the reg you shared other than it's been up for sale since September and for 3 days in December, the price dropped to 35K from the current asked price.

The only thing I wanted my car to have is a pano roof but I'm more than happy with how the cabin feels cosy and mean at the same time 😊.

Download the Total Car Check app to get access to car history including selling price variation for free. You can choose to pay for a more detailed report if you decide to buy the car.

Screenshot_20240112_153337_TotalCarCheck.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_153322_TotalCarCheck.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_153256_TotalCarCheck.jpg

MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
KN05

Post by KN05 »

Good luck with the hunt, from Teesside :D
V6 Green, wrapped.
Roo

Post by Roo »

Cheers for sharing!

Some great stories and advice! My heart is definitely stuck on the V8 450, now its just a case of continuing my daily auto-trader refreshing to find the right one.

Hoping that a few more options pop up as we get closer to new reg time. I've seen the current listings so much now I think I've memorised them :)
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

Hey Roo, I'm based in the North east as well (Newcastle)! I have the MY21 P450 and absolutely love it. It's out of warranty later this year so I'll be looking into the Veizu 600HP Tune and upper pulley swap. Can't recommend it highly enough
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Roo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:08 pm Thanks! 😊 …and that’s a good answer! @scm “just because” is right up there with…. “no regrets”. I think I’m just getting impatient waiting for them to get closer to the 50K mark.

I actually took out the R last year for my testdrive and fell in love with it (even though I’d intended to take out the R-Dynamic). So it might actually be a good idea to try and get another in the 450.

Cheers for the info on the chassis configuration @mickjaguar, I'd not picked up on that.... despite the marathon of reviews I'd watched.
Can see a number of MY 21 Low mileage P450 AWD Coupe for under £50k now appearing on the market. I wanted a particular spec and colour so jumped in as soon as one came up. There are not many in white with any configuration, so good luck with your search.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post