V6S - Italian Racing Red for sale

For Sale & Wanted Forum
shadow_ninja

Post by shadow_ninja »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 am £37.500 is a bit pricy by looking at others on autotrader similar age and mileage , the colour is a bit rare though , and yours is a private sale . You might find it hard to shift maybe and maybe not as you are in London, plenty toffs down their with pockets of money , in the past I have only ever managed to sell a mercy on autotrader and that was for 8 grand , all I got for it at that time , the other cars I tried to sell were way over double that and in the end I had to trade them in , this is the problem not many have bags of cash to just go out and buy most cars bought are on pcp or hp and bought via some dealer be that backstreet or main giving at least some come back if things go wrong , just my 2 cents worth

hey Beltup - I've factored into the price the spec (which is significantly better than other models I see on sale on Autotrader - the premium on the seats, the wheels, the colour primarily), the fact that it has a full Jag service history online, the condition of the tires, brakes and other wear/tear items, the recent service and MOT, and the general condition it is in. Two cars at the same mileage can be very different depending on how they've been used and cared for, and frankly I'd only like to sell my car to someone who understands that. More importantly I've factored into the price what I would pay for the car. Like I said I'm very happy to keep it under this price and am not desperate for the sale. This decision was logically motivated and because this car deserves to be driven :)

Your point on pcp and recourse is fair - however personal loans nowadays can come in at shockingly low rates, often beating the pcp APRs I see - and I have a Jaguar extended warranty (which I'm not sure if that transfers) on it - renewed 5th Jan actually.

@stevejag - I've got 5 years of detailed inspection videos (last one 5 days ago), and carry out a personal inspection every 3 months. This car hasn't spent any time sitting in the open let alone the wet - so luckily haven't had any rust related issues. FYI - Jaguar has a 10 year warranty on rust, and I have an extended warranty that I purchase every year (but not sure if that's transferable) so don't know if that would give a buyer comfort.

shadow_ninja

Post by shadow_ninja »

Quiet man wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:30 pm Thats a nice example, there is away you can keep it put the child seat in the passenger seat turn off the airbag and tell the misses to get the bus. Good luck.
I like how you think, though not yet making enough money to be able to afford a divorce man :)
shadow_ninja

Post by shadow_ninja »

DaddyDarren wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:22 pm Beautiful. That’s how an F-Type should be looked after 👍

Put it on the Facebook UK F-Type Owners Group. Tell any tyre kicker/smart arses to Eff-Off. It will get snapped up.

Not that you’ll need it but GLWS
Thanks!
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Glad to hear rust is sorted !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

[quote=shadow_ninja post_id=61633 time=1642789958 user_id=1168]
[quote=Beltupandholdon post_id=61602 time=1642758740 user_id=3572]
£37.500 is a bit pricy by looking at others on autotrader similar age and mileage , the colour is a bit rare though , and yours is a private sale . You might find it hard to shift maybe and maybe not as you are in London, plenty toffs down their with pockets of money , in the past I have only ever managed to sell a mercy on autotrader and that was for 8 grand , all I got for it at that time , the other cars I tried to sell were way over double that and in the end I had to trade them in , this is the problem not many have bags of cash to just go out and buy most cars bought are on pcp or hp and bought via some dealer be that backstreet or main giving at least some come back if things go wrong , just my 2 cents worth
[/quote]

hey Beltup - I've factored into the price the spec (which is significantly better than other models I see on sale on Autotrader - the premium on the seats, the wheels, the colour primarily), the fact that it has a full Jag service history online, the condition of the tires, brakes and other wear/tear items, the recent service and MOT, and the general condition it is in. Two cars at the same mileage can be very different depending on how they've been used and cared for, and frankly I'd only like to sell my car to someone who understands that. More importantly I've factored into the price what I would pay for the car. Like I said I'm very happy to keep it under this price and am not desperate for the sale. This decision was logically motivated and because this car deserves to be driven :)

Your point on pcp and recourse is fair - however personal loans nowadays can come in at shockingly low rates, often beating the pcp APRs I see - and I have a Jaguar extended warranty (which I'm not sure if that transfers) on it - renewed 5th Jan actually.

@stevejag - I've got 5 years of detailed inspection videos (last one 5 days ago), and carry out a personal inspection every 3 months. This car hasn't spent any time sitting in the open let alone the wet - so luckily haven't had any rust related issues. FYI - Jaguar has a 10 year warranty on rust, and I have an extended warranty that I purchase every year (but not sure if that's transferable) so don't know if that would give a buyer comfort.
[/quote]

I forgot about spec, it is a lovely looking car , and yes the jaguar warranty is transferred, good luck mate 8-)
badger

Post by badger »

shadow ninja have you tried selling it through motorway? i sold my 2015 s last summer and got £37300 for it. if not give these a ring these like jags.
https://www.prestigeperformanceyorkshire.co.uk/
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post