WANTED: British Racing Green

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

Have spent a bit of time reading through all the useful comments on the forum to narrow down what my ideal spec should be. As such.....

£30-35k Budget
Coupe

Must Haves
1. British Racing Green
2. Switchable Active Exhaust
3. Panoramic Roof
4. Front & Rear Parking Aid

Nice to Have
1. Full Leather/Performance Seats
2. Rear Camera
3. Powered Tailgate

As per suggestions I have setup searches on AutoTrader, PistonHeads, eBay and Jaguar Approved Used but if anybody from the forum is thinking of selling or comes across something that ticks the above boxes please do let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
Last edited by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Looking_4_BRG_F-Type wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm Have spent a bit of time reading through all the useful comments on the forum to narrow down what my ideal spec should be. As such.....

£30-35k Budget

Must Haves
1. British Racing Green
2. Panoramic Roof
3. Switchable Active Exhaust
4. Front & Rear Parking Aid

Nice to Have
1. Full Leather/Performance Seats
2. Rear Camera
3. Powered Tailgate
4. Heated Seats (if convertible)

Chris
I think the only thing you will struggle with is price even on early vehicles.

The ONLY I know of is this one. Its an original 2013 model which seems to meet you spec. I reckon you could haggle a bag of a sand off the price to get near to £35k.

http://www.hrowen.co.uk/used-jaguar/f-t ... 33123.aspx

That is the only one which appears to meet you spec and be close to your budget.

HTH.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Thanks, I know it is a stretch which is why I have kept my 'Must Have' list pretty short. I am also realistic that if something does come up it is likely to be at the top end of my budget.

Fair few cars on the Jaguar Approved Used site and AutoTrader at the moment in that price band so hoping with a bit of patience something will come along. Somebody had actually already suggested the HR Owen car in the Introductions Forum - it gives me hope as it has a lot of Options on it!

I think in that case I will adjust my online searches to include cars in the £35-40k band too though, but as I say this is only the start of my search and think will need to be patient given the colour choice.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I think the HR Owen car has everything you wanted and more and may fall in budget if you can negotiate a couple of bags of sand off.

Search over and complete. Its there if you actually want it.
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

I agree with you. If that was a Coupe I’d be knocking the dealerships door down! As I said in my introduction post and above my preference is the Coupe.

Perhaps I should remove reference to the convertible being an option above.....what I meant by it is if I’m having no luck finding a Coupe I may start considering the Convertible.....I’m not at that point yet though!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I see what you mean. The problem is that early 2013 examples will be convertibles which are just outside of your £35k budget. Later 2015 coupes, of which there are a handful of BRG, should all be £40k - £45k bracket so......

...... you either need a high miler or raise budget to £45 so you have a few newer ones to look at or wait 12 months.... ?

Here is a high miler approaching 100k but only £27k that meets your spec....

https://www.sytner.co.uk/sytner-select/ ... -2dr-auto/
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Thanks I’d seen the Sytner car on Pistonheads, but had ruled it out as didn’t have my ‘Must Haves’ of Active Exhaust & Panoramic Roof + the high mileage. I wouldn’t rule out a higher mileage car though (up to 60k) if it ticked all the boxes.

18months ago I started monitoring the F-Type to see what the depreciation was like with a £30k budget in mind. After 12months I came to the conclusion that I was going to have to up the budget to £35k.

Unfortunately, I can’t up the budget much further than that due to ongoing house renovations so if I have to wait a little longer so be it. Gives me time to get the drive done & car port turned into a garage!

The main thing is I now know what all the options are & what spec I want and am actively looking. It’s getting closer :)
TimG

Post by TimG »

2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Another one here for 42 but no pano roof
https://www.davidhayton.co.uk/cars/pres ... to-po64wxt
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

So I have a deposit down on an Approved used BRG Coupe that just came up with Guy Salmon in Bristol :D all subject to seeing the car in flesh & test drive of course...

2015 - V6 (340) - 32k miles - BRG - £36,000
Switchable Active Exhaust
Panoramic Roof
Parking Pack - Camera/Sensors Front & Back
Full Leather Sports Seats
Powered Tailgate
Visibility Pack - Heated Seats/Windscreen

Only downer is only the 18 inch 10 spoke alloys so may have to keep an eye out for somebody selling something a bit more interesting.

The cars only been in a few days so they need to finish prepping it and a few dings on one alloy for them to work on so will go down next week :)

Excited that the patience may have paid off!!! Anybody have any experience of Guy Salmon Bristol?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post