Wanted: Hire of an F-Type

For Sale & Wanted Forum
tomosap

Post by tomosap »

Apologies, as I know this isn't related to the "sale" or acquisition of a car, but I am getting married in 12 months. I wondered if someone had any contacts in the North East who would be able to provide an F-Type as a car for myself and my future bride for the weekend of the wedding.

I've looked at car hire companies, and the availability is mixed. I'm happy to come to some sort of private arrangement involving fair remuneration and provide my own insurance.

If anyone can provide me with any information, it would be grateful - also not ruling out speaking with any dealers out there who could provide some assistance.

Cheers,
Tom

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Unfortunately, like most, I wont lend anything to someone I don't know. I don't even like letting the wife loose in the car!
I'm sure my car insurance would not be too pleased either as all policies exclude renting of a vehicle out for hire or reward.

You can rent, fully insured and delivered to your door an F-Type SVR for £474 a day from a quick Google. I'm sure lesser models would demand lower prices as well. Good luck for the big day.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
tomosap

Post by tomosap »

Thanks for the swift response. Curious where you got that figure from and what areas it would cover. I've found websites that have availability, but not for the north east of England, which is where the challenge is.

Cheers,
Tom
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Google'd - "jaguar f-type SVR rent"
First result was this which can deliver if need be
http://www.premierevelocity.com/car/jag ... e-svr-hire
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I just googled "Jaguar F-Type rental"and a few of the nationwide companies such as Europcar and Sixt came up.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

I hired from Miles and Miles they were very good
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
captainham

Post by captainham »

I once hired one from Avis Prestige...like it so much I saved up and bought my own :)
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

tomosap

Post by tomosap »

Thanks for the suggestions all. One of the challenges with the nationwide places is that they don't have any availability with easy reach of the north east, which is what I was asking originally. Seems mad to pay almost as much for delivery as the car itself costs to rent.

The "Miles and Miles" place seems to be the best so far, except that it would involve a trip to Edinburgh airport...

Cheers,
Tom
scm

Post by scm »

Once you've driven an F-Type you'll welcome any excuse, er, reason, to drive it further! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post