Genuine F-TYPE 5 PIECE LUGGAGE SET - For Sale

For Sale & Wanted Forum
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Can someone confirm if this does fit a convertible?

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I am sure some of it will. Just put what you can in there & the rest can stay at home. In fact how often would you want all 5 pieces at once.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

gfoxsteve wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:44 pm My email is steve@greyfox.co.uk , i'm not sure if the system will let this message through
Hi Steve,

No problem, will drop you an email now.

Thanks

Mike
F-Type V6 S Convertible, Polaris White, Extended Leather Pack, Performance Interior, Storm Alloy Wheels, Rusty Rear Cross-member!
mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

Tel wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm
mikemsm999 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:38 am
Lunar wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:53 pm I use the shoulder bag for my work bag and have to say they’re very nicely made and detailed.

This would make a great buy for someone with a coupe.
I do the same, bought a seperate laptop bag and the suit bag.

Just a shame the set does not fit the convertible.
I can assure you that the whole set does fit the convertible.
Hi Tel,

Tried every way possible and there is no way both cases will go in the boot. How did you arrange it all to fit?

Thanks

Mike
F-Type V6 S Convertible, Polaris White, Extended Leather Pack, Performance Interior, Storm Alloy Wheels, Rusty Rear Cross-member!
mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

steviegtr wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 pm Going away in a couple of weeks. How cool would it be to be standing at the wirly gig in airport & taking your F-Type luggage off the conveyor. Wish I had seen this earlier as I have just been out & bought some new crappy suitcases. Ahhhh could have taken a bit of F-Type with me. Dohh
It does look the business all matching 8-)
mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

apr1962 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 am Can someone confirm if this does fit a convertible?

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I was not able to fit it all in my convertibles boot, both wheeled cases will not fit - you can only get one in.

Tel has said it does fit, hopefully he can gives us a bit more info on how he gets it all in. All I can do is go off the set I have and no matter what I do both wheeled case do not fit.

Thanks

Mike
scm

Post by scm »

The Jaguar shop says "designed to fit most F-Type models however please consult the technical information for specific luggage dimensions."
https://shop.jaguar.com/uk/f-type-5-pie ... 0jftlugset
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

The top-tip that allows you to get it all in, is not to pack it to bursting point.
The whole reasoning behind this luggage that fits both models is that it needs to remain flexible to be able to 'bend' it into the space.

So, all of the small bags go fwd into the narrow space behind the hood area.
The suit bag is the last to go on top of the two wheelies;
I put the larger of the two wheelies in first, wheels towards the middle of the car. I then put the smaller wheelie (wheels towards the other wheels.i.e centre line) in next, pushing the handle and top of the bag under the lip...as i say, after lots of cursing, it can be done, and once you have worked out the art of 'moulding' it into the space provided, they are pretty good....having aid that, regular use will see the velcro give way. I'm on my second set as we do use them a lot.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Hi,
I don’t suppose you have any pictures of it going into the car. I have an F Type Convertible.
Cheers
Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S
TimG

Post by TimG »

Found this on another forum:

https://goo.gl/photos/eKBL1GKu3Y3rURgc6

There's some decent shots. The first photo has the garment bag shoved deep into the shallow part of the trunk. It gives you a GREAT amount of space for a few day packs, camelbaks, etc on the right rear.

Then you see one of the larger of the two final pieces sitting on the right. It fits like a bitch of a puzzle, and because of the cramming, they started falling apart pretty quick. You have to jam them in there....

They fit, when empty. Moderately packed, tho... it's a process.
2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies