Wanted F type v6 s

For Sale & Wanted Forum
scm

Post by scm »

Not sure about the V6 but in my V8 I never use the button - if I want loud I use dymanic [sic] and sport mode. All the time. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am I’d love the V8, currently have it in my XKR and its a dream, but the funds won’t stretch there.

Seen a couple this week in the region, I’m surprised they don’t all have heated seats.

Is the exhaust button a must have? There’s one sitting in my price range but this and heated seats are missing, both things initially I wanted. I can live without the performance seats.
I don't think anyone can really tell you if things like the exhaust button are a 'must have' as it's your choice. Used is always a series of compromises and the need to decide what to compromise on. Personally I compromise on year and mileage and buy on condition and overall car spec and the plus things I like.
For me exhaust button was one having driven a car without. Performance seats and heated were too as they are so much better (but only IMHO)

I do also like the S badge as despite the price hike they are generally better specced by buyers on top of all the factory goodies and certainly makes future value retention and sale easier
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
EdwardRW8

Post by EdwardRW8 »

What are thoughts on creme leather? I’ve not been a fan historically due to the way it looks tired on a used car.
EdwardRW8

Post by EdwardRW8 »

All.

I have been speaking with a dealer and the detail says that the car has the switchable active exhaust, but there is no sign of the switch in the Center console.

Does this just mean it is therefore an active exhaust?

Anyone got one without the switch and think it is not worth the extra for one with it?

Thanks
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 am What are thoughts on creme leather? I’ve not been a fan historically due to the way it looks tired on a used car.
I was always worried on my BMW’s asnit was a weakness so stayed clear
Now I have a 2013 F Type on 50k and it’s perfect so no worries there
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 am What are thoughts on creme leather? I’ve not been a fan historically due to the way it looks tired on a used car.
My XK8 had an oatmeal interior, which is a sort of dark cream, my 2004 XKR had ivory, which was pretty much white, and my 2010 XKR had caramel, which was a pale brown and I grew to love. I've never really liked white interiors, so I hit the jackpot with my F-Type ...

ov17vwy-04.jpg

Not a fan of all red seats - I think the black edges kind of finish it off nicely. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
vika01

Post by vika01 »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:14 pm All.

I have been speaking with a dealer and the detail says that the car has the switchable active exhaust, but there is no sign of the switch in the Center console.

Anyone got one without the switch and think it is not worth the extra for one with it?

Thanks
Without the switchable exhaust the F-type simply isn’t the F-type. Significantly more silent and much less pops.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:14 pm All.

Thanks
If you want to know the factory spec of the car according to jaguar (and any history) so you can check against what an advert or dealer is telling you then post me the reg plate. Happy to help.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am I’d love the V8, currently have it in my XKR and its a dream, but the funds won’t stretch there.

Seen a couple this week in the region, I’m surprised they don’t all have heated seats.

Is the exhaust button a must have? There’s one sitting in my price range but this and heated seats are missing, both things initially I wanted. I can live without the performance seats.
You can aftermarket the switchable exhaust button i believe, but not doing that would be a massive waste as having that sound is pretty much everyone's favourite thing about the F type! All cars have the active exhaust which opens past 4,000 RPM so it's a simple installation job no big mods needed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post