Heated steering wheel
Keyless entry and start
Meridian sounds
Jag apps
Switchable sports exhaust
Remainder of manufacture new car warranty till mid December 2019

Stage 2 performance upgrade ( tune + Pulley) from respected remapping company
Please get in touch if interested
Last edited by Jatboy on Sat May 04, 2019 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Not sure that warranty will be valid with those mods the ecu records any flashes and new owner needs to be wary as if anyone does a software uograde to a modded ecu it can brick the ecu
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

Thanks for that point..

I was curious too actually, i asked main dealer to check for remap as "it feels a bit quick" after i had it done. This was during the annual service. They said it was fine when i went to pick up. There was a small warranty claim for some sensor at the same time iirc and that went through fine with the warranty claim.Tbh I did have a good chat with the remapping company who I have used before. They do a lot of SVR LR'S too, so went for it.

...so it is what it is. Very reliable and v fast when required. :)
Last edited by Jatboy on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
chicb

Post by chicb »

The warranty will be void with any changes outside manufacturers spec
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

There must be a few of us driving around in remapped cars which were done before we bought them.

The remap on this car can be changed back to stock FOC before collection if a buyer would prefer that. Hope that helps.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

The only option would be map and pulley removed or buyer accepts void warranty it would just need those 2 options as map alone would damage engine if removed with the pulley still on
I would just remove the warranty sspect of car because they can now read the flash counter for ecu so the warranty is toast now anyway
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Guys, Excuse my ignorance, but why would someone need to "remap" an already fast car ?
How much faster can one go ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

chicb

Post by chicb »

I agree with Santo. The majority of drivers do not have the ability to control the car at the limit or even near the limit. Instead of remaps etc it would be better putting a lot less money into driver training with a professional on a track, then you would find out how to improve your driving & find out how good/bad you are and you will find out how to go a lot quicker on the road than the guy with the modified car.
Too many go for remaps & engine mods but do they improve the brakes or suspension at the same time. No, because they are boring & don't bring any kudos when telling friends "my car has X brake horse over stock" although in real word driving you will never notice it.
Although each to their own, its your money & you can spend it anyway you want
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Interesting comments and opinions.

I've always worked on the theory that the best mod to go a bit faster is to fit better brakes.

Spending money on more power just means that when you use it you have to brake earlier.

Under most normal conditions a smooth style and maintaining momentum usually wins out over an on/off yoyo effect and harsh weight transfer.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

I rarely use the brakes that I have - thinking ahead and anticipation is the key to smooth driving, idiots doing unexpected thngs notwithstanding.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post