FOR SALE: Quicksilver exhaust - V8 - carbon tips

For Sale & Wanted Forum
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Hi all

I'm selling my Quicksilver exhaust. Nicely amplifies the sound without being overbearing. Also offers a nice weight saving over OEM too. It is already off my car but you can see pictures and hear videos on the Quicksilver site:

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/colle ... em-2014-on

This is a good review of the exhaust and what made me opt for it:

Collection really is preferred due to the size / awkwardness of packing it up! I'm based just off the A14 in Rothwell, Northants. However, I do travel about for work a bit every now and then. I'll be over Bury St Edmunds way in about 3 weeks for example. Could potentially arrange collection from Leicester or Northampon during the day.

Price is £500 (new price is over £1750 inc VAT)
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)

M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

SOLD / deposit received
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)
davidd

Post by davidd »

If it falls through give me a shout as I might take it.
Stanyer

Post by Stanyer »

Hi Davidd I purchased the exhaust at the weekend to try on my car. I watched the videos and like many it was hard to hear how it will sound exactly. But for £500 I thought id at least give it a try. Personally it wasnt for me Unfortunately as the tips look great. The sound was good, bassy and gave that v8 rumble at low speeds. Just not the sound im personally after out of my f type. So the exhaust is available. Its really easy to fit i did it on my drive in a couple of hours. Id take £450 for it collected from Stoke-on-Trent. Let me know if your still interested.
Tel

Post by Tel »

@Stanyer. What change did you notice in the sound between the OEM and the quicksilver system?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
davidd

Post by davidd »

Stanyer wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:38 pm Hi Davidd I purchased the exhaust at the weekend to try on my car. I watched the videos and like many it was hard to hear how it will sound exactly. But for £500 I thought id at least give it a try. Personally it wasnt for me Unfortunately as the tips look great. The sound was good, bassy and gave that v8 rumble at low speeds. Just not the sound im personally after out of my f type. So the exhaust is available. Its really easy to fit i did it on my drive in a couple of hours. Id take £450 for it collected from Stoke-on-Trent. Let me know if your still interested.
Morning,

Unfortunately I'm not going to be up that way in the near future. Do you ever get near Cambridge? How big/heavy is it?

I don't suppose you did a video comparison did you?

D
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I have watched every youtube video of aftermarket exhausts for the V8 that I can find. The only one that really stands out for me is the Arden. I believe they are very expensive though.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Stanyer

Post by Stanyer »

I travel up and down the country every week. Exhaust is 10kg lighter than oem. I didnt get a video unfortunately but phone mics wouldnt do it justice anyway. Proper youtube videos dont really. Thats why i wanted try it in person
Stanyer

Post by Stanyer »

Tel wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 am @Stanyer. What change did you notice in the sound between the OEM and the quicksilver system?
Its alot deeper. Gives that v8 rumble when cruising slowly/stood still
Stanyer

Post by Stanyer »

steviegtr wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:05 pm I have watched every youtube video of aftermarket exhausts for the V8 that I can find. The only one that really stands out for me is the Arden. I believe they are very expensive though.

Problem is the mics never pic the noise up properly. I can say personally that the quicksilver exhaust is louder and deeper. I think the oem is a little raspy at times

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post