Buyer collects - Warrington Cheshire area

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think consideration Should be given to fitting a 5 year old 2nd hand tyre on a performance car.
Ford, Mercedes,Toyota suggest 6 year life. Some look to a little longer, but age alone is a material factor in tyre degradation, mounted or not.

As this is a forum not eBay I believe the comment is fair to post to highlight risks
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper has a good point, but also to be considered is what about if you buy a low mileage 5 year-old performance car - those tyres will likely be that old, too.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Best before....or use by?

As a nation / world we are getting so PC and worried!

Visual inspection will soon let you know if there is a potential issue....common sense goes a long way!....manufacturers would love us all to change / service / maintain as regularly as possible.....Bain of my life offshore on oil platforms! Replace when required!!!!!!
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Volley

Post by Volley »

Tyre has covered 8,000 miles on a 4 year old car
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

https://www.edmunds.com/car-maintenance ... tires.html

An interesting article for those who fancy a read
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
chicb

Post by chicb »

If they are as dangerous as some people think, why are they not age inspected for MOT. After all the age of the tyre is on the sidewall so its an easy check. Obviously if they are showing cracking etc they should be changed. My 6 year old F type has only done 8000 miles, summer use & not used in the rain. The car is not thrashed or sliding round corners, but by all accounts I should be changing all four tyres :shock: Don't think so
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Volley

Post by Volley »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:46 pm I think consideration Should be given to fitting a 5 year old 2nd hand tyre on a performance car.
Ford, Mercedes,Toyota suggest 6 year life. Some look to a little longer, but age alone is a material factor in tyre degradation, mounted or not.

As this is a forum not eBay I believe the comment is fair to post to highlight risks
Sorry my mistake, I thought I had posted this in the “For sale & wanted” section

The tyre is 4.5 years old and has been inspected by a professional tyre fitter (Black Circles)
Recommended replacement by age is 6 to 10 years and should be inspected after 5 years
Tread depth has 70% of life left after travelling 8,000 miles on a four year old car

I am offering this tyre for sale in good faith after getting a puncture in the tyre on the opposite side of the axle and deciding to replace both rears.
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post