WANTED FTYPE(s)

For Sale & Wanted Forum
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I had a text message from my Jaguar Main Dealer last month saying.......”We’re looking to increase our used stock with high-quality vehicles just like yours. Reply YES for a valuation”

Haven't had a message like that before but I’m not interested in selling so didn’t reply.

Are we sitting on potential gold mines??? :lol:
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Fez

Post by Fez »

I am very surprised, it not likely that they are going to offer top dollar. Maybe they need our computer chips so they car get the new stock moving 🤔...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Tel

Post by Tel »

There really can't be the demand for these cars with the inevitable electrification era not too far away...can there?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Fez

Post by Fez »

Evening Tel, I agree however have you seen the work Toyota are doing with hydrogen and a internal combustion engine. Car goes well and the sound is amazing... We are in for a VHS and Beta max battle. My money on hydrogen in the long term...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've been keeping a close eye on used car prices since taking ownership nearly 3+yrs ago now.

For example.
My PCP deal said the car would only be worth 24k at the end but AWD coupe with my mileage and spec are going for £43k to £48 used approved.

Secondly the price of mine 2yrs ago was £44k so in theory not gone down over last 2yrs and maybe even gone up.

Perhaps certain models are sort after. And the end of petrol and end of V6 is making things better. Maybe.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Fez

Post by Fez »

Evening SimpleR, agree how often have I stated that yellow badges on a 400sport AWD are turning to gold.... keeping the 400 safe is my biggest concern...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I agree with SimpleR and Fez, there is growing demand for older F Types but I think it is partly down to the older ones sounding better than the newer ones as well as the demise of UK V6’s. Like many I browse autotrader etc and there seem to be fewer and fewer well spec’d V6’s.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

'F-Type V6 holding/increasing in value?'

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4952
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

And I still don't like the face lift (or drop is it?!). Perhaps another reason.

Fewer and fewer with perfect service history highlighting all things done (like rear diff oil, transfer oil changes etc) as per schedule as well. Plus I've kept the extended warranty going on mine (already paid for its self twice over with new exhaust and head light washer pump) so in theory a 10yr warranty running on it.

And a steady decline of 400 sports over time as well with a strong 2nd hand market. All adds up.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Fez wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm Evening Tel, I agree however have you seen the work Toyota are doing with hydrogen and a internal combustion engine. Car goes well and the sound is amazing... We are in for a VHS and Beta max battle. My money on hydrogen in the long term...
I hope you mean VHS is electric - I was a Betamax guy!

I saw somewhere that Porsche are investing in producing a carbon neutral fuel for ICE cars - recycling exsiting carbon-based ingredients rather than using new carbon, so not adding to the CO2. And I'm not convinced people will be buying electric cars in droves - they're a bit impractical if you don't have a lot of cash, or off-road parking to house a charger. ICE cars will be with us for a few decades yet.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post