Replacement wiper blades

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Cats

Post by Cats »

Hi folks
I've got a couple of minute lines being left on the screen so I need to replace the blades.
Looking at Rimmer Bros a genuine pair of blades with VAT and delivery works out at £55.
Is that good? Or would a pair of Heyner branded items on EBay be just as good for under £20 delivered.
Thoughts please 👍
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Have a chat to your local main dealer.

Had mine replaced last month at main dealer, authentic Jaguar ones fitted whilst I waited for £37 something pence. With two year parts warranty.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cats

Post by Cats »

That sounds like a great deal, most unusual for them 😜
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I use Bosch, 1 off ar22U & 1 off ar21U. Currently approx £22 for the pair from Europarts using their TOUR60 offer code. I'm sure your local auto parts store could also supply. Most online searches don't find these as fitting the F-Type but they are the standard hook type and fit perfectly (providing of course JLR haven't changed the design of wiper arm since MY16!)
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, same here with those Bosch 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Drizzt

Post by Drizzt »

I know its an older thread but thought I would share my view and experience as I was looking to replace the blades on my 2020 P450 coupe. I put the reg in to various websites and many insisted I needed 2 of 21" blades which is incorrect. To confirm as others have, it is 22" or 550mm driver + 21" or 530mm passenger.
There were various suggestions of what to use including Bosch SP and Halfords own brand - who at least got the sizes correct but weirdly the drivers was £10 but the passenger blade was £20.
I was looking to do the same as Nav and Lunar mentioned above with the Bosch aerotwins and then stumbled over a twin pack on Amazon badged as Bosch AR550S. These are aerotwin blades and were a shade under £20 for the pair. They were the correct size 550mm/530mm so I purchased.
When I came to fit them I thought maybe I had the wrong ones as at first it didn't seem like the hook would fit but it just needed a little bit of angling and a tad of force to get the hook over the lip of the mount.
I can say after a few days that they work great; quiet, smooth and streak free.
MY20 P450 coupe, firenze red, black pack, pan roof, black wheels
Previous MY18 Amg C43 coupe, black premium plus
Previous MY14 XFS premium, black
Previous MY13 XKR blackberry paint, plenty of showroom kit added
Previous MY09 XFS premium, black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post