F Type may be for sale soon ? Reg EK17 ECJ

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Deleted User 3357

Post by Deleted User 3357 »

Good point simpleR ...

Deleted User 3357

Thanks for the feedback … also car has no finance and warranty till may next year .. now looking for a new V8 F Type all going well
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

You have a beautiful car. Just my 2 cents worth, I also considered going from the 6 to an 8 a few years back, but having had 2 XF's I decided against it because you get more joy from the first and the second is a bit more of the same (to me). A bit like divorcing your wife and marrying her younger sister.

Then again, if you are looking at getting the 8 in the new shape I could pretty much understand it, it is a very different looking car. So more like divorcing your wife and marrying her half-sister. Much better.

Not to make it all about me, but in case you can identify - I wanted to go 8 because of engine note and quad pipes. Considered a used F Type SVR (not as much to my taste as the standard F Type, also the tech and colours not quite as good as what I had) and also F Pace SVR (must have played the Iceland advertisement 20 times to hear the supercharger whine) and then an Aston v8 Vantage manual (decided against it because of reliability concerns and also I'd be stepping backward in some departments in a 3 year old car). In the end I spent a bit on the VAP pulley and tune and a bit more on the VAP quad exhaust, the result is a very fast, fantastically nimble, and outrageously loud (with a great engine note) v6. I think its a keeper. The exercise cost me about what I would have paid in stamp duty on the SVR or Aston which appealed to my sensible side.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Deleted User 3357

Hello BruceTheQuail

love your comment and analogy :D
I did think of the ECU and pulley change which would give 450 odd BHP but then would somewhat void my warranty .. and was on the jaguar config site the other day and the F types are so expensive now .. especially when you think I paid £58k new for my well optioned v6 model back in 2017

may just well end up keeping my example as now retired can I justify £80k for a V8 roadster .. my wife certainly does not
all the best
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Cheers, yeah I did have warranty concerns myself (I had topped up mine to 5 years) but ultimately there are many people on the US forum who have had the pulley and tune for years with no dramas, I bit the bullet and have had mine for 2 years without an issue (well except that it shredded the belt an hour after I took delivery, but that was an installation error), and it is a seriously different car - controllable madness, whereas I found the 5 litre SC in my XKR was a bit all or nothing. Put it this way, I've never owned a car for 5 years before and most of mine were gone after 2 (my second XF was gone after 1, which I put down to the sister issue I mentioned above), whereas this F type I've had 5 years, keeping it. If you hold on to warranty expiry, seriously consider the VAP pulley and tune, you virtually need a kick in the nuts to take the smile off your face.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:23 pm You might want to reconsider the price.
£34,640 would be the book price based on mileage but with FJSH you might be able to push £35k +
The book prices changed today. This would place yours at £35,810, should be able to push £37k+

400 sports used approved now as high £50k.

Jaguar still predicting prices will fall £700-900 a month but things still going the other way by over £1k per month and with shipping issues expected to continue and 4th wave inbound who knows.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 3357

Hi forum members

I have decided to remove from market .... main reason it's very expensive to get another new model, keeps my wife happy and bank balance, and the most importantly the very sound advice from this forum !!
so off to this place to have a few discussions .. https://www.davidapplebyengineering.com/

So I will decide on what to replace our lovely Evoque HSE Dynamic petrol 250 bhp replacement instead ... but will be 100% Jaguar or Range Rover .... will update with any new news
all the best happy members
Deleted User 3357

note to moderators

happy to close this thread if required ??
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Glad to hear you haven't off-loaded it cheaply Kaspa.

DAE route is a much better option! :D

Cheapest 70bhp upgrade you will find and still at the safe operating parameters of a 400.

If you do go that route then let us know your experience and that the pops and farts are unchanged - would also be interested to hear your insurance result - mine in std. tune was just £300 this year with the AA, so I'm guessing that could double for a "modified" car - that is really just a 400 tune anyway.

Enjoy the next chapter of your motoring story.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Great news Kaspa, absolutely sure you won't regret that decision.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post