£26000 budget for new car.

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Hi, looking to spend around £26000 would like a v6 S convertible are there any about for that kind of money or can I save someone the trouble of trading theirs in. Would like less than 50,000. Thanks.

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I'm sure someone in the UK can help you more, or someone who has access to the Jaguar stock sites - buta quick search, this is the cheapest I found https://www.carsite.co.uk/used-car/jagu ... -1_3531472
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Hi Mattk, when I was looking that was my original budget, and I certainly seen some cars available for that price but mileage was higher than I wanted so ended up paying a bit more for a low mileage car. Definitely out there for 26k.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
scm

Post by scm »

Prices do seem to be on the rise at the moment, though, for whatever reason.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

I wonder if jaguars announcing there no longer going to make a petrol powered car in a few years is promting people to buy while they still can.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Had a quick flick. Found three under £30k. One on 70k & on 50k.

Agree private sale best option. Won’t get in main dealer/used approved at that price & personally, wouldn’t touch a general motor trader with big miles on an F-Type.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

When I was looking to buy one, it was rare to find one under £30k. Those that were around that area had pretty high milage, around 50-60k miles and over.

I stumped up the extra cash and grabbed an approved used one for £33k with 23,500 mile.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Quiet man wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:19 pm I wonder if jaguars announcing there no longer going to make a petrol powered car in a few years is promting people to buy while they still can.
Well I fit into that category. Well, the wider category, or people who have realised that there will be fewer a fewer petrol cars soon, so better spend some cash on a real sports car now while you can. Plus the fact that we could all have been dead by now if no vaccines had turned up.
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

I have found one bang on budget but maybe high on the miles at 50,000 and 2013. Is 50,000 miles to high to buy for one of these. Spec as below.

F-Type 3.0 V6 quickshift
Configurable dynamics
Ambient lighting
Keyless entry
Heated performance seats
Heated windscreen
20 inch turbine alloys
Cruise control and auto speed limiter
Meridian DAB radio
Rear parking aid and reversing camera with touch screen visual indicator
Air quality sensor
Auto climate control
Bluetooth telephone connectivity
Heated mirrors
Dynamic mode with dynamic I info display
Heated seats
Keyless start and entry
Meridian 380w sound system
Partial electric seats
Sports sun-visor
Switchable active sports exhaust
HDD and navigation enabler
HID headlights
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Quiet man wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:19 pm I wonder if jaguars announcing there no longer going to make a petrol powered car in a few years is promting people to buy while they still can.
I don't think it helps but I don't think it is a major factor. Used car prices worldwide have gone up across all types of cars. It is a mix of COVID issues, lack of parts and deliveries, people having saved holiday money, people spending a lot of time online researching various things. Electric vehicles aren't a key issue yet IMO.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.