Wanted under 10k miles P300

For Sale & Wanted Forum
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:51 pm OK, so after all that we have reached the conclusion that your not buying one. (yet)
I think that's a wise decision.
I’m ready to buy and trying hard but don’t want to get stuck with huge unnecessary loss tbh
WBAC are setting the current prices which I check on any potential purchase. Dealers doing the same it appears.
Use to be dealer would sell dependant on what it stands them but that’s out the window as sellers market for first time I can remember.
Don’t mind paying couple grand above WBAC, or 'book price' but not £8k

As mentioned there’s loads out there so bubble may burst soon.

Using Auto Trader there’s are still 105 new cars and 104 used ones at franchised dealers alone.
Contrast that with Porsche who have zero new.
Last edited by Pacemaker1000 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:11 pm
simpleR wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:51 pm OK, so after all that we have reached the conclusion that your not buying one. (yet)
I think that's a wise decision.
I’m ready to buy and trying hard but don’t want to get stuck with huge unnecessary loss tbh
WBAC are setting the current prices which I check on any potential purchase. Dealers doing the same it appears.
Use to be dealer would sell dependant on what it stands them but that’s out the window as sellers market for first time I can remember.
Don’t mind paying couple grand above WBAC, or 'book price' but not £8k

As mentioned there’s loads out there so bubble may burst soon
Due to the current price surge, unless you need the car to get to work etc, I’d say wait until next year at the least.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

While that is eminently sensible, I could never wait a year to get a car. Once my mind is set, I go like a machine and I can barely sleep until I have it. I'd pay 10% too much to get what I want when I want it for sure. In fact I just did for the Mustang, and if I cop a whack from the depreciation stick in a few years time, well that's Future Bruce's problem. Having owned volvos and jags for the past 20 odd years I can assure you it is something with which I am very familiar.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

BruceTheQuail wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 pm While that is eminently sensible, I could never wait a year to get a car. Once my mind is set, I go like a machine and I can barely sleep until I have it. I'd pay 10% too much to get what I want when I want it for sure. In fact I just did for the Mustang, and if I cop a whack from the depreciation stick in a few years time, well that's Future Bruce's problem. Having owned volvos and jags for the past 20 odd years I can assure you it is something with which I am very familiar.
:lol: Car dealers dream customer!
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Exactly. I just ring around until I get a dealer who has what I want, do the negotiation on the phone and then truck it to me. Some dealers think I am a tyrekicker but I tend to get a reasonable price that way, only 3 of my last about 10 cars has been bought locally, the rest interstate or over 100km away, I cant tolerate going into dealerships and having the trade-in performance ("I've gone into bat with the manager for you, mate...") so most of them I just send pictures of my car to and I dont have to deal with their BS face to face in person. Also it helps that they cant see your face during the money talk.

But is it right that over there you can only buy locally?
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Can someone tell me what extras a first edition 2020 car has and what premium it was over an R Dynamic?
Found a nice one I like except after my test drive on 19's being too harsh I’m worried the 20's will be worse
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

BruceTheQuail wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am Exactly. I just ring around until I get a dealer who has what I want, do the negotiation on the phone and then truck it to me. Some dealers think I am a tyrekicker but I tend to get a reasonable price that way, only 3 of my last about 10 cars has been bought locally, the rest interstate or over 100km away, I cant tolerate going into dealerships and having the trade-in performance ("I've gone into bat with the manager for you, mate...") so most of them I just send pictures of my car to and I dont have to deal with their BS face to face in person. Also it helps that they cant see your face during the money talk.

But is it right that over there you can only buy locally?
I generally check the cars out I want, then narrow it down, search for one like it, ring the dealer, try to make a deal that suits me, if not I thank them for their time and move on. Don't do the walk into showroom (except when I am doing my homework) and get caught in the emotion of sitting in the car, dealers telling me what the advantages of it are, how I look like the type of person that would drive one of these vehicles, and all the other trained smoke up backside tactics. Do I always get what I want? No. Do I always get the price I want? No. But at least every decision is made slowly and rationally, and often it is after a second call.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

BruceTheQuail wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am But is it right that over there you can only buy locally?
Not sure where the "over there" you're referring to is but, compared to Australia, in the UK everywhere is local! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

hahaha, I thought from somewhere here or the XE thread that you had to buy from a dealer whose territory you live in. But maybe that was the US forum.

And yes Hammers, it usually takes more than one call - though the last one I just did by a couple of email, one call, and a few texts. I wouldnt say slowly and rationally though, I think 2 or 3 days would be the longest I've spent between first contact and assimilation.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Just my view but if you are worried about how much money you might lose on a car it isn’t a car you should buy. Losing money on cars is generally a given with few exceptions and it is part of the affordability. Buying an f-type or similar makes no real sense financially it is about enjoyment.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post