WANTED - V6s or V8 Coupe

For Sale & Wanted Forum
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Hi, I am new to the forum.

Last week I had my first test drive :D . From that moment I've been searching for The One!

I have cash waiting for the right car.

The ideal car will be a coupe in black berry, grey, black or dark blue (possibly other colours, but not white) with:

Active sports exhaust
Adaptive cruise control
Dual climate control
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Heated windscreen
Reverse parking camera
Heated steering wheel
Heated seats
Performance seats (those with two openings at neck)
Memory seats
Keyless start
Panoramic roof
Powered tailgate
Wheels - not plain silver
Powerfold mirrors with memory

I'm hoping someone has what I'm looking for or can point me in the right direction.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

scm

Post by scm »

I can't help with the car (especially after what you said about white!), but welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Thank you for the generous welcome, it made me laugh. I realised how generous it was of you when I read “Glacier White” in your footer.

The car isn’t just for me, it’s also my missus. The list is part me and part her. She just doesn’t like white cars. Even when she had her Lotus Esprit Turbo it couldn’t be white. Roger Moore clearly had no impact on her!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

JohnM wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:32 pm Hi, I am new to the forum.

Last week I had my first test drive :D . From that moment I've been searching for The One!

I have cash waiting for the right car.

The ideal car will be a coupe in black berry, grey, black or dark blue (possibly other colours, but not white) with:

Active sports exhaust
Adaptive cruise control
Dual climate control
Heated windscreen
Reverse parking camera
Heated steering wheel
Heated seats
Memory seats
Keyless start
Panoramic roof
Powered tailgate

I'm hoping someone has what I'm looking for or can point me in the right direction.

Welcome! :D

Are you bothered about if its AWD or RWD?

When I was looking for my F-Type I struggled to find many with the flat bottom steering wheel but I realised if the worst comes to the worse and I found the perfect car without the flat bottom steering wheel its not actually that hard to retrofit. There is a handy thread on here for that... :D

viewtopic.php?p=48220#p48220
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

JohnM wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:32 pm Hi, I am new to the forum.

Active sports exhaust
Adaptive cruise control
Dual climate control
Heated windscreen
Reverse parking camera
Heated steering wheel
Heated seats
Memory seats
Keyless start
Panoramic roof
Powered tailgate

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I remember how I felt after the first test drive!

Interesting that you aren’t bothered which engine (V6 or V8) or whether RWD / AWD. All F Types are keyless start, keyless entry is an option (which some disable for additional security) and I don’t think adaptive cruise control was available, although the MY21 cars may have it if it is now an option. Happy hunting!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

There's an adaptive speed limiter which reads the road signs and resets the cruise control accordingly. Not tried it yet, but I doubt I'd rely on it seeing every road sign.

As GusA says, I don't think there is a radar cruise control that accelerates and brakes to follow other traffic, unless it's a recent addition
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

JohnM wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:48 am Thank you for the generous welcome, it made me laugh. I realised how generous it was of you when I read “Glacier White” in your footer.

The car isn’t just for me, it’s also my missus. The list is part me and part her. She just doesn’t like white cars. Even when she had her Lotus Esprit Turbo it couldn’t be white. Roger Moore clearly had no impact on her!
Choice of colour is fortunate with the F-Type - Jaguar hasn't made one in a colour that doesn't look great. ;)
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Thank you for the welcomes and the pointer towards how to exchange the steering wheel. Tbh the flat bottomed wheel is a nice to have as is the powered tailgate.

AWD or RWD? I've seen it can be a contentious issue and I'd hoped to avoid contention until my second post! :)

Leaning towards AWD for the additional handling in the wet, but haven’t ruled out RWD.

Which V6 or V8? I haven't driven the different versions in order to have a strong opinion at the moment. I'd say 380 plus.

I took a look at the link to your car Casperrito. It’s a lovely car and the desired seats. Are you thinking of selling it? ;)
scm

Post by scm »

The V8 RWD can be a bit of a handful if you're prone to an excessive lead boot, the AWD is a bit tamer. I had a 5.0 XKR and that really was a handful in the damp, the AWD F-Type feels much more planted and better suits my limited driving skills! Its also worth noting that the RWD delivers a little more power as it doesn't have the additional losses of the front diff and transfer box - not that the AWD feels powerless!

I don't have the powered tailgate and have never felt I needed assistance to get the thing open or closed! But I do like my heated and cooled seats and flat bottomed wheel.

Do have test drives in as many as you can to get a feel for what best suits your (and your wife's) needs.
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

JohnM wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:50 am Thank you for the welcomes and the pointer towards how to exchange the steering wheel. Tbh the flat bottomed wheel is a nice to have as is the powered tailgate.

For me the powered tailgate wasn't even on my "nice to have" list but the car came with it and I actually find it really handy. Especially when I drive on site and security want to check the boot, I don't need to get out of the car anymore :lol: :lol:
JohnM wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:50 am
AWD or RWD? I've seen it can be a contentious issue and I'd hoped to avoid contention until my second post! :)

Leaning towards AWD for the additional handling in the wet, but haven’t ruled out RWD.

Ha! wise words. There are good arguments for both RWD or AWD and I think the engine you choice will also be a big contributing factor. At the end of the day its your call :D
JohnM wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:50 am I took a look at the link to your car Casperrito. It’s a lovely car and the desired seats. Are you thinking of selling it? ;)

Ha ha Thanks. Considering I have only had the car for a few weeks I'm afraid i won't be selling it anytime soon :lol:
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post