Private F Type plate wanted

For Sale & Wanted Forum
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Zorb wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:44 am Hi, I bought a beautiful 2015 F Type last Saturday and it came with a personalised plate which doesn’t mean anything to me - T7 PTJ. The garage said they could redo the original one so I’m considering it. Would anyone be interested in that plate?
It doesn’t look like an F Type related plate so you’re more likely to sell it on eBay or via one of the cherished plate sites. I’m sure it will be worth £500+ to someone with those initials, being a short 5 digit plate.
Get the dealer to put it on retention and pass you the certificate or take the car and do it yourself
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Zorb

Post by Zorb »

Thanks for that. Is it ok to keep the plate on the car and advertise it on eBay until it’s sold and then get the original made back up? Sorry for my questions but I’m completely new to all this!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Zorb wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:36 pm Thanks for that. Is it ok to keep the plate on the car and advertise it on eBay until it’s sold and then get the original made back up? Sorry for my questions but I’m completely new to all this!
You can keep it on the car as long as you wish, but if you sell it the buyer will expect it already off the car and you have the retention certificate ready.
I would therefore suggest you go to the dvla site, pay the £80 fee and get the original plate reassigned to the car and new plates made up.
Full details are on the dvla site.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Stevsz

Post by Stevsz »

In Sydney Australia, I have a registration plate JAGF on my 2020MY V6 R-Dynamic purchased new 2yrs ago.

I couldn't believe my luck that after so many years, no one had snapped that up.

I wonder how much it would be worth....I just did an online insurance quote but it was declined with the following explanation:
"We are so grateful you took the time to get a quote with us but unfortunately,
Due to the value of your car registration number JAGF, we are unable to offer you insurance."
Tel

Post by Tel »

I missed V8 FTR a few months back - gutted.

I have a bunch of 15 plates (basically can go on anything 2015 or after) on retention, but more generic.

The spacing is for show only:

T B15STRO.PNG

WH15KME.PNG

CH15LER.PNG

WH15SER.PNG

SW15SES.PNG

NO15Y ME.PNG

GT15FUN.PNG

U W15ARD.PNG

A W15KER.PNG

A M15SEY.PNG

Last edited by Tel on Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Tel

Post by Tel »

And there's more!

D M15TER.PNG

AW15 PER.PNG

AB15 CEP.PNG

PH15HED.PNG

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It has to be 'NO15Y'ME :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 am It has to be 'NO15Y'ME :D
That's the one that caught my eye, too! But actions (and exhausts) speak louder than words! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

DM15TER and flex to everybody you bought the winter pack option
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
Silver bullet

Post by Silver bullet »

I have J44G FF currently on my F-type open to offers if anyone would like it for an F type. Text me 07984431751 Chris.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post