*WANTED* Ftype R V8 2015 Stock exhaust / SWAP for Quicksliver catback system

For Sale & Wanted Forum
hbomb14

Post by hbomb14 »

Hi,

I recently purchased 2015 Ftype R V8 AWD with a quicksilver catback exhaust system..

Due to the residential area i'm living in, cold starts make for...... interesting mornings....

Looking for a stock exhaust system (cat back) or ideally if someone wanted to swap with me, we could meet at a garage and have them both swapped over same day ideally.

H

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The standard exhaust on a 2015 is wide open to start with, only quietens after a few seconds or if you put it in gear quickly. Probably still quieter than the Quicksilver though.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
davidd

Post by davidd »

Interesting, where are you based?
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

yep whereabouts are you?
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
hbomb14

Post by hbomb14 »

Yeah atleast the standard exhaust has the valves so gives me the option! Quicksilver you have to wait 60 seconds for the engine to idle quieter..
It does sound amazing when you want it to though...

Based in Surrey, KT16
scm

Post by scm »

hbomb14 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:53 pmQuicksilver you have to wait 60 seconds for the engine to idle quieter..
As noted in an earlier post, you can slow the idle prematurely by selecting D.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
hbomb14

Post by hbomb14 »

Is that recommended though? I was reading ideally you should wait a couple of minutes before setting into drive, get the oil temp up and the juices flowing.. (don’t know the actual reason) haha!
Kev

Post by Kev »

The fast idle helps to get the catalytic converter up to temperature so they can work more efficiently
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I use the smart top module to control the exhaust valves, albeit primary purchase reason was to control the soft top.

From the website:
In addition, the exhaust flap button in the vehicle can be automatically activated at every start. “From manufacture settings, the flaps are deactivated each time you start your journey. However, the SmartTOP module remembers the setting of your last journey or can be programmed so that the exhaust flaps are activated at every start,” says PR spokesman Sven Tornow.

I have a few options just as noted above of open, closed or remember last state.

May not be applicable to the aftermarket systems if they don’t have controllable valves, but helped me on the early airport runs, when it was a weekly commute..

Prior to that just straight into D and it doesn’t harm anything.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post