Adverts

Forum suggestions, help and advice.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Just set up Ad Block Plus, it works as long as I use Samsung's web browser, but not Chrome on my tablet, which is all I tend to use.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

I use crystal on the iPad ... it’s free and works ... no adds here
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Hotlurve wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:01 pm I use crystal on the iPad ... it’s free and works ... no adds here
Thanks for posting that the advertising was getting a bit much on my iPad, now add free 8-)
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Ha ha, Nice truck... I noticed on one of my devices the Adverts do appear, yes aren't they annoying in the middle of posts etc.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Downloaded Adblock https://getadblock.com/ for firefox but it wanted a donation so I opted for the lowest as I couldn't see how to get round it, plus it was nicely requested so didn't mind too much.
Immediately, all the ads have disappeared so very happy with the software
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scharlton wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:42 pm Downloaded Adblock https://getadblock.com/ for firefox but it wanted a donation so I opted for the lowest as I couldn't see how to get round it, plus it was nicely requested so didn't mind too much.
Immediately, all the ads have disappeared so very happy with the software

I've had AdBlock installed in my web browsers (Chrome + Firefox) for a couple of years now and intrusive ads are a thing of the past.

You don't have to make any donations if you don't want to but it's good that you did.......The way around it is to simply close the page down (it only appears once when you first install AdBlock).
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Hmmm
Installed Adblocker
Hasn’t made a blind bit of difference!
Using Safari on an iPAD
Strange
Roger
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Click on the dropdown arrow on Safari and iOS in this link. It may help?

https://help.getadblock.com/support/sol ... l-adblock-
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:50 pm The ads used to be at the top and bottom.

With just two posts on this topic I have four large adverts of which two are mid thread and one mid post.

Didn't know I needed a CFD whatever that is, no I'm not renovating the bathroom and I'm pretty such I have no hair that needs shining. They don't even seem related to cookies or stuff I've looked at.

The XE forum is OK. Just a small advert banner top and bottom so unsure what's changed over here.

Admin/mods???
Having got completely fed up with adverts across multiple websites and I've found a new free tool.
I run MalwareBytes Free version anyway, and in the update this week they now include for free the Browser Guard plugin which blocks ads, scams, trackers and websites with nasties on them - https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard/

Works a treat. And lots of websites load a lot more quickly and smoothly now lots of unwanted faff is not loading. It even works on Youtube and stops all the ads!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I wonder if this is a security issue? Hope not, but I'll wait a while just in case. Here's an extract from Malwarebytes' own site about the browser guard...

"Access your data for all websites

The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords. "

Does this mean there is a risk of something other than my bank, for example, can read my banking password?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16