Adverts

Forum suggestions, help and advice.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I have been off this site for a month or so because of projects on the go etc. Came back recently & boom. It is not easy to follow a thread anymore. Half way through someone's comment is an ad for something or other. Just a comment. Cannot complain on a free forum.
Steve.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:43 pm I have been off this site for a month or so because of projects on the go etc. Came back recently & boom. It is not easy to follow a thread anymore. Half way through someone's comment is an ad for something or other. Just a comment. Cannot complain on a free forum.
Steve.
Agree. - it’s become totally swamped with adverts mid thread, above, below. Really ruining enjoyment.
For sure free forums need ads, but a balance
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The ads used to be at the top and bottom.

With just two posts on this topic I have four large adverts of which two are mid thread and one mid post.

Didn't know I needed a CFD whatever that is, no I'm not renovating the bathroom and I'm pretty such I have no hair that needs shining. They don't even seem related to cookies or stuff I've looked at.

The XE forum is OK. Just a small advert banner top and bottom so unsure what's changed over here.

Admin/mods???
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Fully agree here - it makes it very difficult to follow where the thread breaks and the advert starts. And of course lots more scrolling required to follow a full thread before posting.
Really like the layout and ease of use of this site so I do hope something can be done to return the adverts to their previous format - they do rather overwhelm the threads now.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Yes I am having the same issue, I have cleared cache etc., but still get these annoying adverts half way through messages.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
badger

Post by badger »

I don't get any? but I am using a free ad blocker. try it see if it works for you. adblock plus
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I'm using this excellent free ad-blocker in my web browser and don't get any intrusive ads whatsoever on this F-Type Forum.

https://getadblock.com/
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

Buy yourself a raspberry pi and set up a pi-hole - https://pi-hole.net/

Very simple to set up and manage. I cannot remember the last time I saw an advert on any site since running mine. You have the added benefit that you don't require ad-blockers in your browser which many sites can now detect.

Basically, the pi-hole intercepts every web request from your device and checks it against a block-list. If the domain is on the block-list, it gets dropped and never goes out to the Internet. I currently run a block list with over 1 million domains. Image

The pi-hole also blocks any links to known malicious domains, so is works alongside your anti-malware to ensure your browsing is as safe as can be.
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

AD block Plus works for me and is free.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Appreciate there are work-arounds but it’s a shame if that proves a necessary evil.

Exhibit 1 m’lord 😳

25BC96D1-BDD1-4BE9-9BEC-EAB30169865E.jpeg

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust