MY19 V MY18- disadvantaged?

Anything F-Type related......
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Thanks Malbec. I do have the 8 inch older version then :cry:
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....

Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Abdul wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:38 pm Thanks Malbec. I do have the 8 inch older version then :cry:
I wouldn’t worry Abdul. InControl is pretty useless since JLR only allow their approved apps. Sygic and Genius Maps are quite good but I tend not to connect to InControl and use waze on my iPhone for nav with either the Jag map or music/radio on the car screen. Waze has saved my bacon from scammeras a couple of times, it’s such a shame it’s not on InControl.
I use Hey Siri for hands free calling and music tracks.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

10" screen is nicer, but the 8" is easier to use due to the shortcut buttons.

Trying to use a touchscreen whilst driving is hard work, I find the shortcut buttons on mine extremely useful.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Being new to the Jaguar brand I do find the whole model year business rather odd and confusing.

Take the 400 sport, a special edition for 1 model year only, it said.

These were available to order in 2017 only. But was branded as a MY18 model year, yet a few of the later ones made back end of 2017 or early 2018 were actually MY18.5 models and came with lane departure warning and other features.

So Jaguar actually made two special editions for 1.5 models years in 12 months.

Appreciate new features and tech have to added at certain points but it does make the second hand market pricing awkward outside of Jaguar dealers.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Fez

Post by Fez »

The 400 model was for one model year but all the brochures stated JLR could change and update as they felt fit. My 400 roll out of production on 18th of Jan 18 and is a 18.5my on a 18 plate. It is one of the last if not the last black AWD coupe, 75 in total. In the long run it will make very little difference if it has lane departure or not. Enjoy the drive
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi all. Anybody help with what difference I would expect in resale price in a MY19 on a 18 plate versus MY18 on the same date of reg? As you will see from the original post this happened to me.
I have raised it with my dealer and was looking for views in advance of my follow up meeting with the sales manager. At the original meet he seemed sympathetic to my situation and appeared a bit concerned about how things had transpired. He seems to be keen to price up against a new model car but that may be appeasement so far.
I have an idea of what they might offer and what I may accept
All words of wisdom gratefully received!
Ta
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Colin W

Post by Colin W »

Gibbo wrote:10" screen is nicer, but the 8" is easier to use due to the shortcut buttons.

Trying to use a touchscreen whilst driving is hard work, I find the shortcut buttons on mine extremely useful.
Totally agree. This whole obsession with touch screen has gone a little crazy IMO - very distracting to use when driving, much prefer tactile buttons to push. Guess I’m old school in this regard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post