Jaguar Roadside Assistance

Anything F-Type related......
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Apparently I got 12 months of Jagar Roadside assistance cover when I recently bought an approved used car.

Not quite sure what it is is...I think AA with Jaguar branding on top ?

However, I already have ordinary AA cover in place.

So if I do break down who do I call ?

Is there any benefit, or reason (protect warranty ?) that I have to use the Jaguar assist route, or does that just mean that my car will be carted to an expensive Jaguar garage for any repairs ?

scm

Post by scm »

I think the AA is merely a backup if a Jag technician isn't available. I've only used it once, when my battery ran flat - I was offered a Jag technician the next day (the problem arose on a Sunday afternoon) or an AA guy that evening so I accepted the AA as I needed the car sorted out that night. The tech knew his business and all was sorted out within an hour.

Maybe others with more Jag-specific issues will chip in with further advice.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

In Vic, Australia it is RACV (our version of AA) that show up if you call the Jaguar Roadside Assistance, no doubt similar in the UK. I doubt any car manufacturer could have its own assistance team waiting to go out there.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

As far as I know, in a case like this, the AA allow you to suspend your membership for a year. However the Jag cover probably only covers the Jag, whereas your AA membership covers you in whichever vehicle you are.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

AA membership can also be car registration specific.
I've just suspended AA membership on my wife's car, as the new one came with equivalent RAC cover, so pointless transferring it.
You can suspend for up to 3 years and they will contact you before it is due to kick in again if shorter, in case you want to suspend it for longer.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Similar to my wife’s Ford which comes with RACV cover which renews when she services and they just told her that her membership she didn’t have to pay and her cover just continued.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

OK....so if I do break down who do I call ?

Is there any benefit, or reason (protect warranty ?) that I have to use the Jaguar assist route, or does that just mean that my car will be carted to an expensive Jaguar garage for any repairs ?
Tewy

Post by Tewy »

I had a problem with a coolant leak and Jaguar could not fit me in for 2 weeks. They suggested to get the AA out and if he could not fix it he can then fast track the job through Jaguar. The AA guy said it needed an expansion tank and offered to do it next day but I elected to get fast tracked, as he said they have to look at it within 48hrs. It did not get fully fast tracked as I was offered 4 days. The service that the AA offered was first class and a good backup to the local Jaguar technicians
F type 3.0 V6 supercharged manual, Honda CRV, Jaguar XJ-SC manual 3.6
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Hopefully you won’t need it, but it is a Jaguar 🙂
When I broke down I pushed the overhead button and they sent the AA out pretty quickly.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
scm

Post by scm »

Malbec wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 am Hopefully you won’t need it, but it is a Jaguar 🙂
I've had Jaguars since 2007 and only had to call for help twice - once to trailer my 90,000+ miles XKR to my indy when an oil pipe burst, and once when my F-Type ran its battery flat on my drive. They've been more reliable than my Almera! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post