F-type Luggage doesn`t fit!

Anything F-Type related......
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

In the boot of the convertible there is a large oblong squarish space at the forward end. This space is mainly wasted, as you can't buy a case to fit - at least i couldn't!
In our local boat yard we have a man that makes canvas covers for boats, and on the off chance, I asked if he could make me a canvas case with a solid bottom to fit this space.
No problem, he said, and a few days and £100 later, i had a case that exactly fills this space. And i am amazed at how large it is. It holds much more than the standard airline carry on case, and has effectively increased my boot bag capacity by at least one third, and that makes my wife is very happy!
Its approx 25ins long, 17ins wide and 7ins at the front, tapering down to 5ins.

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

My boot seems to have more space than the ones shown here? These seem to have a boxing on the left side whereas mine doesn’t have that?
What’s in that boxing guys?
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The top cover comes off to access the battery.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Geeboy360 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:13 pm My boot seems to have more space than the ones shown here? These seem to have a boxing on the left side whereas mine doesn’t have that?
What’s in that boxing guys?

The cover comes off to reveal battery, locking nut for wheels and (i think) tyre repair kit.
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

May be treading on toes here but my coupe takes plenty of stuff in the boot thank goodness or it would be useless for travelling anywhere , and the coupe rear look is amazing , similar to an e type coupe .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Coupe looks great I agree, but vert looks awesome with roof down! Roof up coupe wins 👍🏼
Luggage space is more than enough for a weekend away in the vert…. How much room do you need for 2 x people?
In my 400sport the battery is in a different location in boot and the boot is bigger than that above. I am guessing they came up with a better design for space?
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post