Problem with F Type Door

Anything F-Type related......
superted

Post by superted »

I've had my F Type for just over a month now and recently noticed excessive road noise to the left of the car. In a morning there has also been damp on the inside of the windows at that particular side of the car. Upon looking closely the door had a large gap under it where it doesn't sit flush with the bodywork!

Reported to jaguar and today it's gone in to be shipped off to a body shop to have the door looked at and maybe re hung. I'm dubious though as the top and middle line up perfectly with the car so surely altering the bottom will throw the rest out.

The strange thing today though is that the F type courtesy car jaguar have shipped me has exactly the same issue again on the passenger side.

Is this a common issue or am I very unlucky? Photos hopefully included below of my car door.

Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

I.m trying to get a mental picture of this.
any chance you can post a "wider" view of the door.
Having said that - I don't have any issues with the fit of either door, but you having the same issue on two F Types is certainly cause for me to have a proper look.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The bottom edge of my passenger door was sticking out 5-6mm at one end, on delivery. The dealer pointed out that the problem was the sill alignment rather than the door. This was realigned by the dealers body shop. (I think the sill is just bolted on and it didn't look like there was any painting carried out. The scuff plate inside the door gets wrecked and replaced, to get at the sill fixings, as I think this is glued ).
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Mine was fine on delivery but moved. I had mine realigned and its fine now.

I suspect it wasn't screwed together properly, but it was a few mm and was sorted under warranty.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
howard

Post by howard »

so much for dealer pdi and even product quality
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I expect the quality control team were taking a break! Or maybe the passenger side of the cars is near a wall that has some distracting sniffs. LOL.

The only two issues on min were the passenger sill needing re-alignment on delivery and a deep vertical window scratch appeared after a couple of months. Both sorted out PDQ. Nothing else in 13 months 10,000 miles.

We've also got an XE which is nearly a year old now, no problems whatsoever on that one so the QC team must have been alert that day.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
superted

Post by superted »

Thanks for the replies it's at the body shop now so I'll let you know what happens. This is the fleet vehicle jaguar gave me.

On the f types I've seen the issue just seems to be with the passenger side. The drivers side is totally flush with the car.

Tel

Post by Tel »

The door to front fender (if it's a coupé) gap should be 3.5mm +1 to -0.5mm and door to rear 3.5mm +- 1.1mm. In profile no more than 1mm in/out from either panel.

The doors are actually really easy to adjust (although I realise you shouldn't have to, but this is a British Sports car!). Open the bonnet and then the door in question. At the hinge side, you will see the bolts that can be slackened, the door moved in/out, up/dn and then retightened.
Brand new cars in the dealers have to have lots of the panels re-aligned before the customers get them, as they leave the factory in quite a pickle!

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I think mine are fine but I'm curious now... Will definitely have a look today to check!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
superted

Post by superted »

The biggest issue for me was road noise to the left of the car. and the car getting damp on the inside passenger window/front window at that side of the car. It takes an age to clear/dry up.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post