Problem with F Type Door

Anything F-Type related......
mokster

Post by mokster »

My car has also just been to the bodyshop for a few days to re-align the door. Some minor improvements, especially on the near-side where the door now seems to be flush. The off-side re-alignement seem to have reduce wind noise but it is still "sticking" out slightly.

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Well mine is sitting at the dealers now awaiting the arrival of two Jag techs at 8.30 on Satuday morning who reckon they can fix it by 12.30 when the workshop closes. I think they are cutting it a bit fine but I will report back!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I collected it this morning. Still not right, just as I expected. What could they do in just one and a half hours? Nearly OK but still inset slightly on front lower leading edge. The adviser I was dealing with was not in today. Getting to my wits end now. Why are people so incompetent - these were Jag. techs for goodness sake. I was about to buy a new F Pace for my wife this morning and we are now starting to look at alternatives. So sad!
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

I had my fingers crossed for you but I knew like yourself what the outcome would be, pathetic tbh
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

It’s not that bad to be honest and only a fastidious bugger like me would notice it but do Jaguar want to continue selling me cars and do they want me to recommend them to others?
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

think i'm calling it a day as i'm down to 3mm now!

if the thing about the stone chips and having a lip is correct then actually my passenger door is now not correct (no lip) and the drivers door is probably how it should be!!

hey-ho
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I’m tempted to give up but I’m going to give it one more shot. It’s been interesting today looking round at alternatives to an F Pace. I tried so hard to buy a British car but not wishing to buy German it looks like the Japs will be getting my 4/4 business.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Phil, Jap 4x4s have you looked at the Infiniti FX? I had one for a few years it was superb.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Thanks for that. It’s not one I’d thought of. The only problem with big 4/4’s is that they are mainly diesel and I’m not happy about another diesel.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

If you're looking for petrol 4x4 then it's difficult. We ended up getting a BMW X1 20i M Sport auto for my mum. Smaller than you're looking for I know but still not many in the market. There were only 5 for sale in the UK when we were buying it a few months ago, and it's an absolutely lovely car to drive if you're a 68 year old lady who is 5 foot tall! I still prefer my V8R though.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post