Problem with F Type Door

Anything F-Type related......
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It's crazy that these alignment issues are still happening and fixing them should be well practised by now. From your picture, mine looked exactly the same but was on the passenger side. The service manager at HA Fox Guildford straight away said the sill needed to be adjusted outwards, rather than doing anything with the door, and booked it into the bodyshop. Sorted out very quickly and perfectly aligned when it came back.

Absolute madness to send cars out with these issues. Surely it would be better to slow the line down slightly and get the alignment right to begin with, rather than have to wreck the tread plate and drill rivetts out when fixing it later on.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Thanks for all the help/comments - the car isn't new but a single owner car that I bought 1st August as an approved Jaguar car from HA Fox in Guildford - I took the car to HA Fox in Derby for rectification as I live in Staffordshire so weren't looking to drive all the way back to Guildford.

I have been in contact with Jaguar CRC from the start and am having an update call with them Monday - they have pictures and in fairness they aren't aware yet of what happened today (will be Monday!!) and how HA Fox in Derby dealt with me/the car.

for comparison - picture of the passenger side below - no problem!

IMG_0926.JPG

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I have a very similar problem with my n/s door. The dealership's independent body shop were unable to do a satisfactory fix but the dealers have been very aware of the problem and they have a arranged for a couple of Jaguar factory techs to come and sort it out at their premises. They say they can fix it in 4 hours on a Saturday morning. I have my doubts they can do it that quickly but at least I'm "in the system".
Blowfinger

Post by Blowfinger »

I've had both doors replaced, also the soft top, air con, front air vent 4 alloys rear view mirror, drivers seat, drivers side door card, all the speakers, anti vibration foam installed in both doors and parcel shelf.

There is probably more but have forgotten, I've owned the car for 24 weeks and it has been back to the dealers 24 times, I've only done 2000 miles in the car 1500 of that taking it back to the dealers.

I have complained and here is the official jaguar response......." it's as good as it's going to get".....

I will never buy a jaguar again, if it wasn't for the fact that the resale value is so bad I would get rid of it.

Terrible terrible build quality and awful customer service........typicall British car maker.........never again.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello Blowfinger

thats a very unusual amount of items to be replaced ? .... changes all 4 alloys , with only 2000 miles
Blowfinger

Post by Blowfinger »

The alloys were damaged when in the garage. Same time as when over spray from another job ended up on my car. I have also had the exhaust repaired and replaced, also the roof/door rubbers replaced on 3 seperate occasions as they leaked.

Also 3 visits to the body shop to have flaws in the paint work repaired.

Again I'm sure there is more, and will be in the future.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

More training needed perhaps!

Quality Control.png

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
steveh

Post by steveh »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:58 pm More training needed perhaps!

Quality Control.png
Like it! 😂😂
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

OK - so interesting update and advice appreciated

I still haven't had the call from Jaguar - but got in the car this morning and noticed the striker plate on the drivers side (side with bad miss-alignment) and that got me thinking

I measured its position relative to the inside edge of the door compared to the passenger side striker plate and indeed it was different by some way!

so I loosened it off and moved it to the same position as the passenger side and in doing so I noticed two things

1. that the paintwork was chipped off beneath where I had moved it from (picture attached) so looks like its been moved before!!
2. It made the alignment a lot better - not as you would expect for a £108,000 car but better (out by about 4 mm now and not all along the sill/door just about 15-20 inches or so at which point it tapers to be about 2-3 mm out.

so where do I go from here move it back as was and tell jag what I did but I still want the alignment improved anyway which may now involve tilting the door in from hinges?

IMG_0936.JPG

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

My driver's door rear bottom to sill is my problem, but then I guess it is the sill that wants adjusting out not the door.
Talking to Tel, I am sure he said you don't need to attack the sill by damaging the kick plates, it's just held on by screws and some tie wraps.
Maybe Tel can confirm this?
Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views