Problem with F Type Door

Anything F-Type related......
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Well they almost sorted mine and the kick plate was untouched.Two techs. from Jag are coming to sort it in a couple of weeks so I'm sure perfection will finally be achieved.

Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Here is my "story" in as few words as possible. Took delivery of a new 400 Sport Coupe early April. On first wash I noticeded the door alignments were poor. A £73K car and the doors don't align properly - I was spitting bullets. Found the email address of the Jaguar UK CEO and emailed him - result was instant - a batch of emails from Head Office people with impressive sounding titles! Anyway, keeping it short - a visit was arranged by factory engineers to my local dealer to view the problems. They admitted tolerances were out and made it better. However, a long way from perfect. In the end I gave up and asked for a an official statement that it was as good as it gets - here is a paragraph from that statement..........

As discussed on Friday, I have agreed to put in writing a final response with regards to the door alignment of your F-type. As you mentioned, you are satisfied that we have done everything possible to resolve any discrepancy with the alignment. The team from the factory have confirmed that the door panel alignment is within factory specific tolerances, and that any discrepancy cannot be improved, as it is the best it can be. There are no further actions or remedies to improve the finish further.

The car is fantastic (this is my 4th Jaguar), but if they can't align body panels correctly they have seriously reduced the chances of me considering a 5th one.
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Completely agree chammers, absolute diabolical that they can't get panels to align or sit flush
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

So further update

jaguar CRC called me Tuesday 5th and TBF have been very helpful so far. They Immediately rang HA Fox and subsequently HA Fox rang me and have said this time they will ensure car goes to body shop for rectification. Jag CRC have said if this does not resolve they will send out technicians.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Mine was back and to to the body shop for 2 weeks, sill realigned to no avail, new sill ordered and fitted but still no better. Finally door adjusted following guidance from technicians from jag and although better it's still nowhere near perfect so I accepted it's the best they can do in the end.
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

It would seem Jaguar have a pair of techs doing the rounds checking on this specific fault. I await with interest the results of their visit to my dealership on 23rd. September - Yes they appear to be working weekends as well!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I've had mine done a couple of times and also the leading edge of the bodywork after the door resprayed as if the door slips inwards the leading edge sticks out and chips easily.

Mine is now good (4 1/2 year old car now) but i'm sure it's not perfect. The design of the hinges needs changing to allow more adjustment and also a way of fixing it so they done slip as i do think they loosen off eventually.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Took the car in today and it has gone off to the body shop that HA Fox (Derby) use. A place called larklands in Ilkeston who are an independent but jaguar approved.

lets see - update to follow.....
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello ...

But they must be able to get them right from the factory due to the fact that mine is ok, plus they make approximately 60 cars per day and they are not all problematic? Strange situation must admit .... 🤔
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

kaspa wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:53 pm Hello ...

But they must be able to get them right from the factory due to the fact that mine is ok, plus they make approximately 60 cars per day and they are not all problematic? Strange situation must admit .... 🤔
Exactly kaspa, when mine was getting done at HA Fox Chester they had about 8 f types dotted around including a new one in the showroom. I inspected all the doors with the service manager and they were all different to his astonishment. He was actually embarrased

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post