Parking Sensors

Anything F-Type related......
superted

Post by superted »

I've had the issue with the door sorted :-)

Has anyone had any issues with the parking sensors? I almost backed it into a wall tonight when the sensor didn't make any noise to alert.

It happened again when getting home and manouvering on the drive.

GNG

Post by GNG »

I don't trust mine at all, but then I've always been untrusting of such helpful technologies. A colleague of mine has a new Volvo XC60 and believed she had side sensors and scratched the entire side of her car becuase nothing alerted her to the pillar she reversed into. It turns out she doesn't have side sensors.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

my front parking sensors seem really hit and miss and I don't trust them at all. I'm glad there is a camera as the rear sensors also seem totally variable. Sometimes it goes crazy when there is nothing there and sometimes not a peep.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

I think the front sensors don't work unless either reverse is selected or you press the parking sensor button on the console.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine seem fine, and they get a lot of use, central london spaces not generous!
RAYMOB

Post by RAYMOB »

The sensors work about the same as on my Range Rover, they only come on after selecting reverse or pressing the sensor button. Rear camera is a must have. The front sensors only come on when you're about a meter away from anything otherwise you don't see/hear anything from the sensors.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I've never liked reversing cameras as I don't think they give a good sense of distance. Much prefer sensors, coupled with mirrors and my own eyes!

I find the sensors a bit over sensitive but that's a good thing. As others have said you need to be moving and have reverse selected or switch them on with the button. I'm pretty happy with them.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Nick

Post by Nick »

Just raising this old thread

The one thing my car doesn’t have which annoys me is a rear parking camera, does anyone know if they can be retro fitted?
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

There are many after market ones that could be retrofitted. It just depends how much risk you want. Like if you want it in the same place the current reverse cam is, then theres going to be drilling and such

On the other hand you can get a camera that hooks up on the rear window, but then again that would be a little far away from the edge of the car, which is where you want the camera to be really

After that there is the electrics part where you need to try and program/edit the infotainment to show the feed when in reverse. I guess a Jag dealer can give you precise answers. And I would try at least 3 different ones because sometimes you find a dealer that just doesn't want to try and see if it is possible and another that would actually go out of their way to find out.
what's the use?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post