Hydrodipped F-Type badges

Anything F-Type related......
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

So much cooler ;) But I'm biased
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Like that a lot .. presume you have side and bonnet vents also in black?
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
MOz

Post by MOz »

Stunning. Love it.

Subtle enough to look classy and not max power chav.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Black pack is fitted plus we have had the front winglets and side skirts done in piano black also.
So it's strictly black and red!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Really like it - can you do us a favour and in another thread you mentioned the front wheel spats. Could you post a picture? Thinking about getting them.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

So much better and again im biased, i have everything that is'nt body coloured, black or c/fibreBig smile

Timbo2017-02-07 20:30:11
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Tel

Post by Tel »

Really like it - can you do us a favour and in another thread you mentioned the front wheel spats. Could you post a picture? Thinking about getting them.

You're out of luck! I have just searched through my laptop and I don't have any pics unfortunately. I'm sat in a hotel in Stranraer waiting to join a ship tomorrow, so if you can wait 4 weeks, when I return I'll get some shots for you?

Thanks for all the positive comments, colours are subjective I know, but I think Black and Red is more suited than Chrome and red. Next will be a red growler badge with the shades as fitted to some P7's...if I can find out where/who made them!

2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Arne

Post by Arne »

Black pack is fitted plus we have had the front winglets and side skirts done in piano black also.
So it's strictly black and red!

That is a nice combo Wink
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Pricy147

Post by Pricy147 »

Finally have the black badges and tips finished....

What do you reckon?

Hey Tel,
What did you have done to your exhaust tips? I wanted mine black - but dipping them is not possible as its all one section. I seen some end caps but they protrude out a few inches.
Very interested in how you achieved that black exhaust look!?
Jaguar F-Type V6S Coupe, Fire Sand, Pan Roof, Black Styling Pack, Visibility Pack, Sports Seats w. Fire Sand Stitch
Tel

Post by Tel »

I didn't want to grind the welds off, remove the shrouds, have them plated black chrome only to find that I didn't like it. Plus the fact that once it's done, it's done!
So, I went for a temporary' ish solution. I used some high temperature heat shrink sleeving! I cleaned the chrome tips with ISO alcohol to remove any debris/wax/polish and cut the sleeving to size length ways, and shrunk it on. Bit of a game as the high temp needed to do it means that you can melt the surrounding bumper plastic if you are not careful...that's where liberal use of tin foil comes in!
It took a couple of attempts to get the right finish and fit around the area where the exhaust exits through the hole, but at least I have an idea of whether I can live with the black style or not. Simple case of cutting with a scalpel if I want to revert to chrome again.
It will improve looks wise once the insides of the exhaust pipes black up with soot. As part of my detail regime the insides get polished as well as the outside, so it still looks a bit new, even after 8K miles. The outside two pipes are sooting up a bit and look better.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩