Meridian 380W or 770W ???

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 pm I've gone for everything flat, and the focus centred. But I prefer the rear quad speakers. ;)
I put it very loud on the right side since that ear is a bit deaf..
.. good thing is if my wife sits there I can't hear too much what she says either.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

basher wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm I've seen a few discussions on here, and elsewhere.1. Currently driving a TTS with 680W B&O... I wonder if there's any discernable difference in sound quality (bearing in mind cabin size & speaker placement) between the 2 Meridian systems?2. Have the issues with both systems been fixed with software patches?I'm possibly buying a used British Design Edition that comes with 380W as standard. And I'm a massive music fan, so sound quality is important.However... I may just listen to the exhaust all the time!
basher2017-01-17 20:26:19
Hello .. I have the 380 system and I am very pleased with it
plus I make valve amplifiers for a living so know a little about hifi :D
corne

Post by corne »

mine was fitted with the 770 W system and I like it a lot.
But never have heard the 380 W system so cannot tell the differance.
A state of the art navigation system should be more important!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The 770w is fine for a small car. However it's no good listening quietly, the tyre and exhaust noise being what it is. Up loud it has a fine tone if a little down on fine detail. I have the setting on stereo - I don't like the 'blooming' sound on the surround settings, maybe due to the centre front speaker.
Tone settings I have down slightly on the sub, up slightly on the treble, suits my aging ears that have lost top end frequencies.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I have a question on this topic.
Ive seen that on the settings its bass, treble and subwoofer volume.
Mine is bass, treble and midrange.
Anyone know why this is ?

I find it sounds better with the midrange set below flat ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I probably care less about an infotainment system and sound quality than everyone else on here. It took me about 8 weeks to turn the thing onafter I bought the car as I was enjoying the sound of the exhaust that much in my R AWD. Even now when I'm listening to either of the 2 80's music stations (Absolute and Heart) the volume is kept low as I want the exhaust noise to override it!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Totally agree with the above. We had a Evoque hse with the meridian 770. it was great. My ftype has the mere 380. Sounds great. That is when I am sat on the drive at home. Be ashamed ,, very ashamed. If you have the V8 the stereo is always on low. The car is always on dynamic , sport & paddles alive. Full rice crispies. No song is as good.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Oh I fully agree. I play with the sound controls, flip radio stations (which over weekends play crap anyway) and eventually just switch it off in order to "listen" to the engine.
If I want the music, I"ll sit in front of the Hi FI in my living room
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

davidd

Post by davidd »

I have the 380W in my ftype, it sounds ok. We also have it in the epace and it sounds brilliant. Apparently, the Ftype was a bit of a challenge for the meridian team.

D
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I would think it would be. It's definitely not designed to be conducive to audio focus. It's too small and then there's the fact that it sharply raked in the back. Something to put up with in a two seater.
This weekend though I want to play around with the mid range adjustment as it definitely seems to sound better with this set to low.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post