Meridian 380W or 770W ???

Anything F-Type related......
steveh

Post by steveh »

I am probably in the minority but I couldn't care less about the sound system as I never use it in any of our cars. As much as I like music when I am driving I like to hear what the car is doing. When driving the Jag the best music is the V6 symphony! 👍¤
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

deano7

Post by deano7 »

Don.t ask me how but the rear speakers are now working. I have been having a play around with the sound settings. Must admit l think it is very good.
shakin_lee

Post by shakin_lee »

TongueWink I won't question your choice of music but if you happy with the Meridian audio Handshake !!
basher

Post by basher »

Had a test drive today in a BDE with 380W system. It actually sounded OK. I expected it to be far worse than it was, so pleasantly surprised. There was a central speaker above the dash, so the brochure diagram is wrong.

However, I soon turned the audio off and just enjoyed the exhaust soundtrack. LOL
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
deano7

Post by deano7 »

What did you think of the BDE? Was it Ultra Blue?
basher

Post by basher »

Ultra blue - yes. Absolutely loved it. As stated in another BDE thread, dealer has foumd me an unregistered one with very high spec. Ongoing discussions about discounts / finance options / etc. Watch this space...
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
DarkLumen

Post by DarkLumen »

I've just been trying to setup my 380W system and have settled on the below for now but would love to see what others have configured as its not my strong area. I typically like acoustic versions of modern music.

20181015_101231.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

I've gone for everything flat, and the focus centred. But I prefer the rear quad speakers. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I thought the whole system was shocking so only had it on to enable the phone connectivity .... ICE is not a JLR strong point as proven again with the 2019 upgrade that still wont provide apple play or android equivalents ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
scm

Post by scm »

Really? I'm happy with my Meridian system, which is just as good (to my ears) as the B&W system in my previous XKR. As for connectivity - I get in my car to get away from all that!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post