Meridian 380W or 770W ???

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

I've seen a few discussions on here, and elsewhere.

1. Currently driving a TTS with 680W B&O... I wonder if there's any discernable difference in sound quality (bearing in mind cabin size & speaker placement) between the 2 Meridian systems?

2. Have the issues with both systems been fixed with software patches?

I'm possibly buying a used British Design Edition that comes with 380W as standard. And I'm a massive music fan, so sound quality is important.

However... I may just listen to the exhaust all the time! LOL

basher2017-01-17 20:26:19
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

deano7

Post by deano7 »

I picked my BDE up yesterday. Owners pack has no audio handbook. It has the Meridian 380W fitted. It has 2 speakers fitted behind the seats. Question. Are these wired in? Cheers
basher

Post by basher »

I picked my BDE up yesterday. Owners pack has no audio handbook. It has the Meridian 380W fitted. It has 2 speakers fitted behind the seats. Question. Are these wired in? Cheers

Does that mean you've got issues with the system?

Do they not test it in the factory?

Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

I have the 380w Meridian system and the two speakers behind the seats are subwoofers. They are wired in for sure. If you turn up the sub volume you should feel them thumping.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
deano7

Post by deano7 »

Cheers Scooby.Where in the touch screen should l be looking. I can.t see anything to help me. Cheers
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

On mine it's in the audio settings - there are onscreen sliders for treble and subwoofer volume. I have the 2015 model though so the software could be different on the newer head units but I would still expect it to be there. I turned my subs down from the default setting when I bought the car as they were a bit boomy. Personal choice, of course and I upped the treble. Got a decent sound out of the 380w system in the end but it did take a bit of fiddling with the settings.

Hope you can find the setting but, if you're struggling, ask your dealer who should be able to point you in the right direction. I think you might find a manual for the Merdian system on- line if there isn't one in your documentation pack.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
deano7

Post by deano7 »

Cheers Scooby. Much appreciated. Deano
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I've just got the standard sound system and it still has two speakers behind the seats. Is the difference that they are not subs? They do sound pretty bassy.

I'm sure these upgraded systems sound amazing but the standard system sounds really good. Although I do spend most of the time listening to the exhaust instead!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

to test the system another thing to try is to put a dvd in(pick a good one) with 5.1 surround sound and turn it up..sounds as good as the surround sound system in my RR Sport which is fantastic imho
deano7

Post by deano7 »

Tried to get the rear speakers on yhrough the sound setting. Very, very faint. Rang the dealer , said it needs sorting. Going in Tuesday. They said you no longer get a seperate book on the Audio System. Its all in the owners manual . Not much info in there

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post