Cycle carrier

Anything F-Type related......
B8RS4

Post by B8RS4 »

This is probably a daft question but has anyone sourced a carrier to go the coupe capable of holding a mountain bike. I have seen the suction mounts but these are for very light weight road bikes.
Thanks

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Suction mounts are the only ones i have seen.

The only other solution i thought of was the Jaguar Ski carrier and adapting it, but it only fits the V8 due to exhaust placement.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

B8RS4

Post by B8RS4 »

Thanks, will have a look into that.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Let me know if you go for it. I'm still only a potential F type owner, but carrying a bike on my weekend car is an absolute must.
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

This is probably a daft question but has anyone sourced a carrier to go the coupe capable of holding a mountain bike. I have seen the suction mounts but these are for very light weight road bikes.
Thanks

Not sure if the Sea sucker Talon on the attached You Tube link will do the job. It certainly seems to be capable.

scz4

Post by scz4 »

Did you find a solution?
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

This is the company who designed & manufacturer the F-Type phone holders...

https://www.knightspeed.co.uk/shop/super-car-bike-rack/
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Looks really good, but I'm thinking for the convertible :(
Jk7

Post by Jk7 »

Hi DaddyDarren, Thanks for the shoutout.

As with the Bespoke phone holder I've tried to scratch my own itch with designing an awesome bike rack. I cycle most weekends, when the wife allows i.e. when she has her own plans i usually head away for the day taking the bike in the car or at least i did before i bought an F-type :roll: .

I bought a few of the current options on the market for the f-type to test but found some problems + i though I could design better.
The cheap Chinese crap + seasucker uses a metal plate to fix/secure the suckers. The problem is the F-Types roof is curved, the metal plate is too stiff and doesn't bend therefore forcing the two external suckers to continually pull against its own suction effectively working against itself at all times. That,s not something I want bombing down the motorways at above the legal limit. The Chinese also uses cheap nuts and bolts and provide zero, warranty and help if anything goes wrong.
The sea Sucker isn't too bad, it uses quality parts but in my personal opinion looks cheap and poorly designed for its intended purpose, also its better to have the suckers aligned straight in a row to better spread the lateral forces caused by the top heavy bike, the seasuckers triangle position allows for too much movement which continually weakens the seal therefore requiring frequent re-pumping.

I've been developing and testing a new solution for over 3 months now, I've called it the Gecko for obvious reasons lol.

The Gecko uses a 4mm Carbon Fiber plate which looks amazing is super strong, light weight but most importantly allows for just enough flex to match the F-Types curved roof. I have tested over 13 different thickness and designs to get it right. When i first tested the rack during high speed corners and acceleration I was super nervous in case my design failed not only wrecking my bike but my beautiful car as well :shock: . That initial fear soon passed, I've probable put over 2300 hard/fast miles on the rack in real world conditions not to mention 100's of hours of weighted tests in a controlled environment. Each sucker can hold at least 100kgs for over 12 hours without any re-pumping. The Gecko will require a small re-pump once every 24 hours.

Enough of me rambling on, see some photos attached. Any questions just email me at jk@knightspeed.co.uk, I plan to release in the new year.

IMG_20171106_111816_658.jpg

20171105_114509.jpg

2017-11-05 10.44.26.jpg

2017-11-05 10.44.19.jpg

2017-11-03 16.10.24.jpg

IMG_20171106_111816_658.jpg

Limited Edition F-Type 400 Sport - AWD - Indus Silver - Pano Roof + Knightspeed (Qi) Auto Hold Wireless Phone Charger https://goo.gl/muVp3n + Knightspeed Gecko Rack http://bit.ly/2j1Q2P4