Spare wheel option

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Thanks for that simpleR. I see it just sits loose like a piece of luggage, I think I'll stick with the goo. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I'm sticking with goo and Jaguar assistance as well.

There is no point in getting the spare with a convertible as it would appear that the rear wheel doesn't fit in the boot if you get a rear wheel puncture anyway. Front fits, rear is too wide and boot doesn't shut according to comments online.

Likewise if your travelling across Europe in the Coope with spare wheel and a full boot of luggage and then get a puncture you'll be left with a load of luggage and nowhere to put it unless the passenger doesn't mind holding it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, I had that situation when I punctured a front tyre on my previous 2010 XKR - I managed to get the wheel in the boot by removing the floor panel, jamming the wheel at an angle in the wheel well and putting the panel on top! I don't think a rear would have fitted, so I carried a used duvet cover to wrap it in if I had to put in on the passenger seat. We really need a following service vehicle! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Fez

Post by Fez »

I have the spare wheel in my coupe, will post pictures when I next take cover off car. I can confirm my spare came with the tyre, jacking kit and black snug fitting cover. I can also confirm it is bolt firmly through the board in the boot and does not move around factory fitment. It stays in place 90% of the time unless going on a extend tour then carry foam fill slim kit.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Nick-F

Post by Nick-F »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Hi Nick, from checking TOPiX.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Spare Wheel Cover - Jaguar Part Number - T2R5893 - RRP £57

Reduced Section Alloy Spare Wheel is factory fit part code "029VT" for £295.

After market "The space saver wheel kit is offered as a retailer fit upgrade for vehicles equipped with the line fit tyre repair kit.

Black For 19” wheels. Black space saver spare wheel kit offered for vehicles equipped with Silver wheels. Tyre must be ordered separately.
Jaguar Part Number - T2R12221 - RRP £389

Red for 19" wheels. Red space saver spare wheel kit offered for vehicles equipped with Black wheels. Tyre must be ordered separately. (BTW Jaguar offer red and black as some markets require contrasting spare wheels to colour of OEM fit alloys so they standout).
Jaguar Part Number - T2R12220 - RRP £400

Hope that answers your question on OEM part numbers.

EDIT: Sorry missed the tyre information - The F-Type 19" space saver uses a "Pirelli T 135/70 R19 105M". Around £110 RRP.
Hi simpleR
Many thanks for your detailed reply, that's all been very informative and helpful.
Appreciate you taking the time and trouble.
Cheers
Nick
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Greetings all,

1st time poster as just put my deposit down on new 2ltr F Type Coupe.

I'm interested in the lightweight spare option fir both long journeys on continent and as a standin while punctures are fixed too etc.

I even looked at fitting Run Flat tires but they wear out fast and you can't drive more than 20mph on them while flat.

I hear good things about HOLTS Tire Weld as a better alternative to the gunk, you can wash it out and repair the tire afterwards.

Anyway my question is...if i order 20" wheels on my F Type will the light weight spare match or is it only good with standard 18" wheels?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post