F Type Parcel Shelf

Anything F-Type related......
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Not the best photo, but picture of mine with the rubber grommet. Fitted one each side. Takes up the slack and stops the cover moving sideways and off the pin on one side. Added a piece of cloth tape for good measure. Been 100% ok since.

Bought the grommets off eBay.

49BE45EA-FA81-4997-BE96-7EFBB48A3F9E.jpeg

Kev

9A9568D0-0192-417C-BA2F-ED207E7EF3C5.png

Last edited by Kdes on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY

scm

Post by scm »

Pedantically, it's not a parcel shelf, it's a loadspace cover, according to my manual. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

After 2 years ownership my 1st issue (please see attached picture) the bracket has come unstuck from the rear parcel shelf .. the dealer said there is a upgrade kit so have booked in when the car is being serviced 20th May this month. Would they change the whole rear parcel shelf or repair ? also has any one the topix repair alert ? this would be helpful
many thanks

rear parcel shelf.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

Not the same but there is/was an issue with the parcel shelf not sitting securely in the brackets resulting in it slipping sideways and falling down. When mine did it, it jammed and I couldn't open the rear hatch and in forcing it open I managed to snap one of the support cords. No way to resecure it so I had a new shelf fitted under warranty, with the fix applied to sit the shelf centrally between the brackets.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

MIne was a MY16 and had no issues despite lots of hard cornering ;)
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Mine too fell off and eventually one of the pegs broke off.
The whole moulding was replaced under warranty very efficiently by Hatfields of Shrewsbury.
The problem will persist as the Parcel Shelf is as noted slightly to narrow,
To centre the parcel shelf suggest that you put some rubber O rings on the peg each side.
scm

Post by scm »

01286p wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:31 pm To centre the parcel shelf suggest that you put some rubber O rings on the peg each side.
The grommets are an offical Jaguar fix for the issue - warranty job. ;)
SVR

Post by SVR »

My 2018 SVR had the same problem It turned out to be a simple fix although it took 3 months to get the answer from Jaguar. The dealer then installed 2 plastic washers on the inside of the pegs which then keeps shelf in a central position.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Just a quick update

New rear parcel shelf fitted ( £400 each) ... and spacer grommets fitted all under warranty by my local dealer .. no issues or any push back, very pleased 😃
rbs

Post by rbs »

Sorry Fellas, first post to your British board, but thought that I'd help where I could.

I have a '16 F Type S and had this problem. It was easily solved because the pins that the parcel shelf rests on are too long for the width of the shelf and allow the shelf to slide side to side too much until the shelf falls off the pins. You can fix this by confining the lateral travel of the shelf.

I did this by going to the hardware store and buying two grommets made of rubberized plastic that had the ideal inside diameter of the pins in the car. They fit on nice an snug and I cut them to length to fit on the car pins with a razor blade so they confine the lateral side-to-side travel of the parcel shelf on the pins. It cost me about $3.25 (US).

I believe I've attached a picture here (but I don't see it). If it doesn't show up give me some pointers and I'll try again.

Parcel Tray Pin Grommet.jpg

Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post