F Type Parcel Shelf

Anything F-Type related......
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

Just purchased a December 2015 car, and noticed the rubber part on the right hand side has come away from the parcel shelf itself, so clearly there are issues here.

Just writing up a list of issues for the dealer to sort out.... :(
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...

London GT3

Post by London GT3 »

I have just purchased a June 2017 SVR Coupe and the parcel shelf keeps falling off on the drivers side. Can't see anything obviously wrong other than the shelf is not quite wide enough!
Uli

Post by Uli »

Same problem wit my SVR - the left side pin to guide the parcel shelf is mounted more to the outside. So the distance between the pins is to large!
As a short time solution I added 5 washers on both sides to keep the parcel shelf in the middle.
F-Type SVR, My 18, black (what else;), Carbon Ceramics, ...
b26354

Post by b26354 »

There's actually a service bulletin with instructions to add a small rubber bush to the pins to keep the shelf in place

JTB00618 - Parcel Shelf Loose Or Adrift
London GT3

Post by London GT3 »

Thank you. Very helpful. I will tell my dealer.

Do you know anything about a service bulletin for a rattle passenger door? !!!
SVR

Post by SVR »

I have had the same problem on my 2017 SVR and finally after lots of conversations with Jaguar customer services I got a notification from my local dealer to say that they now have a factory fix for this. Car is booked in for April as I am down in Brasil at the moment. once fixed I will let you know what they did.
Pennski

Post by Pennski »

Had the same problem - all Jag did was to pop rubber grommets over the parcel shelf shaft - the type you would use to run wires through - not very technical but assured that’s the official fix
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Sometime the simple solution is all that’s required. Similar to the person that added washers but rubber would be sound and vibration absorbing - I can’t believe I didn’t think of this myself instead of using tape! Off to get some grommets for mine now.
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

SVR wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:45 pm I have had the same problem on my 2017 SVR and finally after lots of conversations with Jaguar customer services I got a notification from my local dealer to say that they now have a factory fix for this. Car is booked in for April as I am down in Brasil at the moment. once fixed I will let you know what they did.
Was this fixed, if so how?
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
SVR

Post by SVR »

Yes they fitted spacers to the pins that support the parcel shelf.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post