F Type Parcel Shelf

Anything F-Type related......
TheDodge007

Post by TheDodge007 »

I picked up my 2014 F Type S last month (and love it), but seem to have an issue with the parcel shelf, when I open the boot it is constantly falling off the pegs it locates on to, it looks like the pegs are to short for the shelf, has anybody else had this issue or know how to fix it?

gsxrm3

Post by gsxrm3 »

The only problem I had with mine was the underside started to come away from the shelf.
V6S coupe in white, carbon bladed wheels, performance seats finished in red nappa, sports design pack, flat bottom steering wheel, powered tailgate, reverse camera, meridian upgrade.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

I've had my V6S coupe for 7 months now and have both of the issues. The shelf is just too small in width.
I took it to Guy Salmon (Coventry) under warranty for this and various other niggles (a low battery issue) and they compared it to other Coupes they had in stock. It appears to be the same problem across all.
Apparently they've raised a ticket with Jaguar, but said they were amazed how bad it was and why no one else has pointed out the problem. :roll:
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Have had the same problem with mine, and the rubber seal falling off as well. Haven't had the time to sort it out yet or speak to the dealer, but after 10 months it's the only thing that's wrong. It's about 5mm too small, did they get the work experience kid to design it!?!

Always happens under hard cornering, perhaps re-name the thread "hard cornering issues" ;)
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Had it with my 1st F-type, haven't got it with the latest
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Just for info my 17 plate coupe is OK .. no issues
Arne

Post by Arne »

I have an MY15 and have no problems with mine.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
mokster

Post by mokster »

I've had the same problem (delivered Oct 2016, so MY17?) and took it to the dealership last week along with other problems. They've seemed to have fixed it. The rubber seal is staying on and the parcel shelf hasn't dropped off so far, so fingers crossed.
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Any idea what they did?
mokster

Post by mokster »

Sorry, not sure. But it looked like they simply put everything back in place. The latch on one side still look a bit short but it's not fallen down yet.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post