F-Type 2.0

Anything F-Type related......
East winger

Post by East winger »

I saw an F-Type 2.0 last night near Rugby. The exhaust pipe gave it away and it's more Porsche-like. It's not my cup of tea. It's a shame.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile

MOz

Post by MOz »

I didn't think it had been launched yet for test drives?
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
East winger

Post by East winger »

It's out there. It could have been a test car, but I've seen it in grey.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

I live in rugby and it was parked outside my shop a few weeks ago... the lack of noise and single porshe looking tailpipe gave it away..
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Dealer reckons demos end of July. Think I will try one back to back with V6 even though I think I know the answer!
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
rs3pilot

Post by rs3pilot »

The latest 4 cylinder engines can be made very powerful with forced induction and sophisticated engine management systems but have have no place in a proper sports car (porsche included) in my opinion, they just don't sound right and leave you feeling they are only there for cost.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

rs3pilot wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm The latest 4 cylinder engines can be made very powerful with forced induction and sophisticated engine management systems but have have no place in a proper sports car (porsche included) in my opinion, they just don't sound right and leave you feeling they are only there for cost.
Totally agree and whilst power outputs may be high and fuel economy great, they end up as a compromised drive. On one hand the engine spinning up to high revs to get power and the 0-60 performance, then an 8 speed box holding overly high gears to gain fuel economy. That leaves them droning along.
Still - same arguments have been around for diesel Jags and 4 cyl XF's, but if they keep Jaguar going and profitable it's inevitable.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

I suspect they will drop the 340ps V6 and replace it with the 2.0 litre. they will then decide to stop the 380ps and replace it with the 400ps.
We will then have the 2.0 litre 4 cylinder, the 400ps V6 and the 5.0 V8.
Thoughts....??
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Cayman owners lured by the on paper performance of the 4pots are returning to the 6's as in the real world the economy is not there, the sound is not there and once specced not really any cheaper ....

Big Bri ... the 300, 400, V8 and I guess SVR makes sense as clear steps ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
rs3pilot

Post by rs3pilot »

great comments, just returned from 150 miles drive in lincs, half with top down, in my V8s and loving the car, really quick and with the top open the soundtrack is second to none. Best sports car Ive owned and I've had one or two..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post