Insurance time again!!!

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Just had my Saga renewal. Increased from £280 to £420.
Not prepared to reconsider price, made a minor offer which was paltry.
Shopped around and LV came in with £285 so will be going with them this year.
Also as I have more than 1 car, the Legal Protection Cover on each policy adds up.
Still not sure whether this is worth taking out, if you read the small print, they reserve the right to decline taking legal action to recover through courts dependent on circumstances?
Again researching this, Driver Guardian offer a policy for £15 which covers all policies, a big saving. FCA regulated so I will probably go with this.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I am good with sums but I never will understand the mechanics behind renewal pricing. I guess there are more than enough Auto-Renewers out there to balance out the ones who decide to leave. That said surely there must be negotiating room for those who can be fussed to ask.

My F was around £350 last year with full NCD but the XF was £800 starting with zero No Claims, Ouch!
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Regarding legal cover... Having needed it twice (for no fault claims) I would never be without it.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

dezzy, my feelings also just for peace of mind.
I just object paying it on each policy, particularly when they were with the same insurance company and an original multicar deal.
Hence Driver Guardian who for a £15 policy cover all policies with legal protection.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

JurassicF wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:57 pm dezzy, my feelings also just for peace of mind.
I just object paying it on each policy, particularly when they were with the same insurance company and an original multicar deal.
Hence Driver Guardian who for a £15 policy cover all policies with legal protection.
Might have to check them out. I've got two policies so will save a bit. Cheers!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Tall dad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am I am good with sums but I never will understand the mechanics behind renewal pricing. I guess there are more than enough Auto-Renewers out there to balance out the ones who decide to leave. That said surely there must be negotiating room for those who can be fussed to ask.

My F was around £350 last year with full NCD but the XF was £800 starting with zero No Claims, Ouch!
I also can never understand the insurance company renewal process.
Just went online with Saga out of interest and guess what £275! That is £130 less than their lowest offer a few days earlier
Rob
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

JurassicF wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 am
Tall dad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am I am good with sums but I never will understand the mechanics behind renewal pricing. I guess there are more than enough Auto-Renewers out there to balance out the ones who decide to leave. That said surely there must be negotiating room for those who can be fussed to ask.

I also can never understand the insurance company renewal process.
Just went online with Saga out of interest and guess what £275! That is £130 less than their lowest offer a few days earlier
Rob
Yes it's an amazing business model they are running. I also checked out a brand new quote with the company I use and saved £130. When I rang them to advise that I would be taking up a new policy with them rather than renewing the existing one they agreed to match the price despite insisting there was no room for improvement when I had phoned the renewals team a week previously. Seems like they prefer to offer best prices to 'new' customers which says a lot about the industry. No wonder we all shop around at renewal time but I can't help thinking that with a business model that favoured loyal existing customers, a lot of time and expense could be saved!
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I wonder if More Than have started to favour loyalty as you've said. The cheapest new quote I can find online is about £500 and More Than's own new quote is even higher. I've no idea why but given their renewal is the cheapest by far and about £50 cheaper than last year, they've definitely won my loyalty! Have just renewed for £425.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

MoreThan renewal came through as £356 (up from £309 last year) . Quick call and they came up with a loyalty discount making it £322 this year. Tried a quote from Jaguar Insurance last year (Allianz I think), which was pretty much the same as MoreThan, so not worth the hassle of changing.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Just tried a quote from LV - won't quote without a tracker fitted.

Normally use NFU Mutual - renewal has come in at £750 but as I added the car mid term I have no comparison.
Most companies seem to be between £650 - £750, but the AA are <£600.

48 yo, 8+ yr ncd decent postcode. No claims / convictions
IRR V8R,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post