Album Artwork not displaying

Anything F-Type related......
Chas

Post by Chas »

Despite the fact that the manual says that I-pod 4/5/6 Gen. is supported, the album artwork does not display. There is a mention that it has to be recognised by Gracenote (which they are through Apple) Have loaded a data sim in case this had any effect, but no luck. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

(new model 2017 F-type 2.0l)

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

I have posted a couple of threads on this .. let me have a look on my old posts

all the best
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Chas wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:56 am
(new model 2017 F-type 2.0l)
Almost got that one under the radar! Please share and tell us more as just one of the first into ownership .... Rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Chas

Post by Chas »

Well spotted, yes the car was originally supposed to be ready mid to end September but Jag must have upped their game and produced earlier. Must be among the first to have this version as most insurance companies could not quote as they didn't know it existed! Absolutely delighted so far, if the only thing I have to complain about is album artwork then it is not worth bothering about!
Mostly town driving so far, 25mpg.!

Chas
Chas

Post by Chas »

Haven't found a solution to the I-pod artwork thing yet. Did try a couple of other ways, downloaded all my albums from the I-tunes folder onto a usb stick, so they are in the format of folder artist, sub folders individual albums then tracks. Put the usb in to the slot and it was not recognised as having any playable media! so, this did not work.
Another quirk I have noted is that to link with my route planner on my phone it needed the input of my email address, fine you may think, but my address has an "underscore" ( _ ) as part of it, - the keyboard which comes up does not have this character available! so it is not a standard keyboard! How can I contact Jaguar to ask about these "bugs" in their software and hopefully they can work on a fix.

(By the way, the car as a driving machine is brilliant!)
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi,

The system is a bit fussy as to how a flash drive is structured and sorted. mp3's work best in my experience. I contributed to a thread previously re how best to organise a USB drive - link below:-

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=940&hilit=USB+music

Do remember to rename your USB drive in windows before using DriveSort. That way the cars unit will see it as a new drive and reload all the contents.

My drive still works perfectly but I've noticed that every time I add a new album I have to rename and re-sort the drive. Oh and it helps if you change the folder attributes so they are all the same date and time. For this I use a free utility called bulk file changer from NirSoft which needs to be run as administrator in Windows. I don't have album artwork display as mine is the previous head unit which doesn't support it. However, I always load up the artwork as a .jpg into the album folder and it shows up fine on my other car which does support it.

Hope this helps.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Chas

Post by Chas »

Well, yet another quirk of this very curious software that Jaguar insist on us using. Twice now, the software has recognised my I-pod as a USB drive and, lo and behold, the artwork is displayed! But, wait, this only lasts until the next time you start the car and it is back to "my I-pod" without the artwork!
Ye gods when are they going to sort this rubbish, my wife has a BMW and the software on that system is Soooooooo much better and more reliable, can't believe a car of this prestige (and cost!) has this awful software.
Still can't get "Live" either - don't even know what it is or does, still freezes in both music and sat nav - really!
Chas

Post by Chas »

Have now discovered why this happens, it is when the iPod battery suns down to zero! The car then starts to charge the battery and for some reason is able to access the sound files presumably before the iPod's operating software can activate. So, the car sees it as a USB until the battery is charged sufficiently for the operating system to load and then it reverts back to "seeing" it as an iPod!!! I still have had no success in loading the songs on to a memory stick and having it recognised by the software, really is a pain in the a**e!