Options and re sale value

Anything F-Type related......
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Boostfan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm This is why I have just bought a 9 month old V6S, its lost over 20K from its new price. Someone else specced it to the hilt & I have been the beneficiary. Plus I won't suffer as much with the road tax. Pick it up on Friday.

If I knew how to post pictures on here I will?
Hi Paul,

To post pictures make sure you click on "full editor and preview" then click on "Attachments" next to options at the bottom left of page. You can then upload directly here then.

Look forward to your pictures of your new F-Type :)

Jagged Wire

Post by Jagged Wire »

My car originally belonged to an older fellow who died and passed it to his daughter. If I do say, its pretty nicely spec'd out but she either didn't know or care or both. The dealer (independent) really didn't know much either. Its a 2014 V6S, was $92K US and I got it for $48. At the time I bought it, there were some V6S' out there that were a couple to a few thousand more but with fewer options/packs.

So I would say, options are for the original owner's enjoyment but not necessarily recouped in the resale, unless the next buyer looks very carefully.
2014 V6S Convertible; Salsa Red, Redzone, Silver Tornado wheels, Performance Seat, Vision Pack, Premium Pack, Extended Leather Pack;
2014 Ford Fiesta ST: Molten Orange, Recaros
Lamboman

Post by Lamboman »

Just been following the thread

My wife has a new f type 400 picking up on first Sept - I took a massive knock on a BMW which I got for her prior to the Jag

2.5 years ago wife spotted a lovely ex dem 4 month old 235 conv BMW in a main dealer, great deal had, with options car was 51k (Big spec) we did a deal and got it for 41k - we had ordered a BMW M2 and 235 was to tide her over until delivery of M2. Had the car 8 months, BMW called said we needed to spec M2 and delivery was a few months away. Got a px price from BMW £18k [same as we buy any car]. That's 33k in 12months!!!!!!

Cancelled M2 told dealer to do one and kept 235

Over a year later px'ed against 400 got £22400 - car had gone up 15% in value

Having learnt a very hard lesson I thought buy a new 400 - nearly everything is standard - I think I put 2k of options on it

Pushed for a big discount - got 8% off price and 0% interest on loan

I'm hoping this will save me from the massive cost of depreciation and try and retain 45/50% of value over 3 years - not too hopefull

Moral is - options are completely valueless on resale

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post