Position of the number plate

Anything F-Type related......
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Can you buy the Sto'n'Sho plate holder in the U.K. to suit a uk shape numberplate?

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Hi thanks for your photo of the lower nuber plate fitted,

I have`nt got my car yey ...it should be late October , I really like the plate fitted in your pics, are the mounting kits available in the UK.
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Sorry not checking the email before sending....again
Tel

Post by Tel »

JurassicF wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:34 pm Like that, how have you secured the plate?
Rob,
It secures underneath. See details here:
http://shop.bigmikesperformanceparts.co ... -SNS68.htm
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

IanLloyd wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm Hi thanks for your photo of the lower nuber plate fitted,

I have`nt got my car yey ...it should be late October , I really like the plate fitted in your pics, are the mounting kits available in the UK.
You're welcome, the service from the USA is very good so plenty of time to order in time for delivery. I don't know, but some one on here is sure too, regarding the standard fixing. Is it already on the car before the PDI stage? If not then have the dealer install the Sto'n'Sho at PDI. If it's factory fitted, ask the dealer to request it is not fitted to avoid leaving holes in the bumper bar.

When ordering specify the euro fitting. Install is 1 bolt that replaces an OEM valance bolt. Plate install is then an action that takes seconds.

Rgds, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Thanks for your info on the plate I will see my dealer so as the plate fixings are not fitted at factory
thanks again

Ian
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

This might be a daft question, but surely this is still illegal? Or do you guys with these sto n show things only take the plate off for photos? If you drive with no front plate, it is illegal whether you have one of these or not. And if the police happen to look in the boot and find the plate mounted to that could they not come down on you even harder since you effectively have the ability to easily swap reg plate on your car? Almost implies you are swapping plates.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Update from my Jaguar dealer ...they are not allowed to fit any modified plates brackets or positions of the number plate....it smacks a bit of a cop out to me but that is their answer to changing the position of the plates.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Understand their position. Owners would say, 'well the dealer fitted it'! However once you own the car, you can do as you please.

Looking forward to when mine goes back for MOT service etc. Be interesting to see if it gets through MOT 🤔
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post