Position of the number plate

Anything F-Type related......
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Hi all

I have been on the forum for just a day now,

I am asking if anyone has put their numberplate lower down the grill

If indeed it's legal that low.

I think it spoils the look over the grill.

I am not sure I would go for my number on the bonnet as some people have..

Any thoughts? ????

IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Sorry I should have put UNDER the grill
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Be careful as the aux rad takes air in low down on the grille through ducts just over number plate width. Unlikely to be too much an issue in UK temps, but I wouldn't do it.
From a style perspective I can't say I've ever seen one there. Some on the bonnet but that just looks awful
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello IanLloyd,

Take a look at the 'My Bag of Spanners' thread in the Gallery section of this forum.

My front plate is stickered in front of the bonnet. Most feedback is positive but personal choice & I think it looks superb πŸ‘

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

cj10jeeper wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:49 am Be careful as the aux rad takes air in low down on the grille through ducts just over number plate width. Unlikely to be too much an issue in UK temps, but I wouldn't do it.
From a style perspective I can't say I've ever seen one there. Some on the bonnet but that just looks awful
Thanks for your warning...I would ask Jaguar first ,but it would be interesting to see what they say.
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

DaddyDarren wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:26 pm Hello IanLloyd,

Take a look at the 'My Bag of Spanners' thread in the Gallery section of this forum.

My front plate is stickered in front of the bonnet. Most feedback is positive but personal choice & I think it looks superb πŸ‘

Darren
Well I have to say I am not sure If I like it or not. What I can say is your car in the photos looks fantastic !!!!!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Take a look at the Project 7's location, I think they have nailed the design as opposed to an E-type bonnet sticker or a low mounted 'Sto - n - Sho' setup from the states.
The 'Sto - n - Sho' goes under the lower part of the grille and looks OK..take a look at their site.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Tel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 pm Take a look at the Project 7's location, I think they have nailed the design as opposed to an E-type bonnet sticker or a low mounted 'Sto - n - Sho' setup from the states.
The 'Sto - n - Sho' goes under the lower part of the grille and looks OK..take a look at their site.
This is where I'd place it if I had a Project 7 style grille. When I changed the front of mine I just couldn't get comfortable with leaving the big black crossbar then exposed, hence went for narrower plate mount but still covering part of the bar

Of course swapping to the 7 grille is the game changer for positioning
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Here is Sto'n'Sho for your consideration .....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you look closely you will see that removing the OEM mount will leave 3 fixing holes in the first photo ... I then replaced the beau per bar cover with the gloss black to match my vents ...
Last edited by Senninha on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Like that, how have you secured the plate?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post