Few queries about used F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Hi all,

I have a few queries re my May 2014 F-Type V6 S which I bought last week -would be good if anyone could help.

1) The car has a switchable exhaust but my recollection of a July 16 S that I drove last year was that it 'popped' a lot more on the overrun. Did Jaguar change the mapping at all on later cars?
2) I think I have learnt the hard way that the 2 used approved warranty is not the same as the original 3 year warranty. The dealers sold it as the same level of cover but scractches on the glass apparently aren't covered but would have been on the 3 year warranty from new.
3) Has anyone suffered wear on the bolster of the performance seats? Mine has only done 12k miles but there is (slight) wear. I am very careful getting in and out but perhaps the previous owner wasn't.
4) The car has the sills from the design body kit (think that's the right name). There is fair peppering of stone chips where the rear arch meets the sill. I was told this is common? Do others have the same?

Thanks
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades

Nick

Post by Nick »

If the scratches are on the side windows they are still covered, was a problem with the seals being a poor design this caused the scratches. Mine are being replaced today and I got the car secondhand. Will post a link up when I can find it to the Jaguar notice
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

My 9k V6S has performance seats & has some slight scuffing on the drivers side bolster. TBH if you buy a second hand car its what you can expect.
I will be careful getting in & out & use Leather conditioner regularly. But at the end of the day if it gets too bad its repairable.
White MK3 Focus RS.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Regarding the exhaust, have you also got the gearbox in Sport (S)? You only really get "on demand" pops and bangs if you have the exhaust valve open and gearbox in Sport. Lift off about 3.5k to 4k rpm
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Yes the scratches are on the side windows. They replaced the seals and measured the scratches as per Jaguar's instructions but said they were cosmetic. The worst is probably 20 cm long.

The leather is not too bad but my 37k mile Mazda has no wear whatsoever on the leather but perhaps because I condition the leather and take a lot of care. I have conditioned the leather on the F-type and will continue to do so.

Maybe I am remembering the 2016 car incorrectly then as I have tried sport mode I just seem to remember it popping more often in lower rev traffic situations.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Try a tank full of Tesco Momentum 99RON for more crackles and pops.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

My windows and seals are being replaced today, no issue about measuring the size of scratches that's rubbish.
There are links to the JTB number 00502 dated 15th June 2016.
It states if scratches can be felt, replace window. If they cannot be felt then they have to polish them out.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Mine pops and bangs in Sport, but really have to be using the paddles.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

JurassicF wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:39 pm My windows and seals are being replaced today, no issue about measuring the size of scratches that's rubbish.
There are links to the JTB number 00502 dated 15th June 2016.
It states if scratches can be felt, replace window. If they cannot be felt then they have to polish them out.
Thanks That's very helpful. You can clearly feel the scratches.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

PM me your email and I will send you a copy of the JTB, so you can print and address the issue with your dealer.
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post