Detailed today.

Anything F-Type related......
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

I had a black Exige V6 that I had coated in a ceramic coating - best thing I ever bought for it was a water deioniser - just used it for the final rinse and left to dry naturally - no water spots and no swirls from manual drying.

My F type goes for the same treatment next week so I'll be buying another deioniser
IRR V8R,

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 am I had a black Exige V6 that I had coated in a ceramic coating - best thing I ever bought for it was a water deioniser - just used it for the final rinse and left to dry naturally - no water spots and no swirls from manual drying.

My F type goes for the same treatment next week so I'll be buying another deioniser
Hello .. exactly what I use .. will never change now
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I've never felt the need for one of those deionised water things... Must be the better quality water up here in sunny Scotland 😁

The thing I love the most about the ceramic coating (gtechniq crystal Serum) is the way you can just sheet the water off the car. It's amazing and still impresses me every time.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 am I had a black Exige V6 that I had coated in a ceramic coating - best thing I ever bought for it was a water deioniser - just used it for the final rinse and left to dry naturally - no water spots and no swirls from manual drying.

I am thinking of going down the same route with my car. When you say you will be buying another deioniser do you use an inline cartridge type on an outside tap? If so which one do you recommend?
White MK3 Focus RS.
howard

Post by howard »

Shunt wrote: ↑Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am It does look good but until the weather brightens up it will be staying in the garage.

He did use a paint gauge and does regular checks throughout the process, the final finish is with Swissvax, he did give me several options but that can become very expensive. The car was suffering from bad swirling as the paint is very soft on Jags, all the swirls have now gone and the paintwork looks fantastic with the Amethyst purple hint really shining through.

It's not a cheap day out and my wife thinks I'm bonkers for paying Β£400 for someone to 'wash my car' - her words. But in my book it was worth every penny to have the car looking how it should have when I bought it.
I used to think it was daft too, until I bought the Fezza which had been detailed by Maranello and saw how good the result was. Well worth Β£400 in my book
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Boostfan wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:52 pm

I am thinking of going down the same route with my car. When you say you will be buying another deioniser do you use an inline cartridge type on an outside tap? If so which one do you recommend?
Yes, exactly that.
This one is what I've had - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua ... RqEALw_wcB

I also bought a cheap narrow gauge hose to use just with this - means you don't have to run water through to get to the deionised stuff, hence not wasting the crystals.
IRR V8R,
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 pm
Boostfan wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes, exactly that.
This one is what I've had - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua ... RqEALw_wcB

I also bought a cheap narrow gauge hose to use just with this - means you don't have to run water through to get to the deionised stuff, hence not wasting the crystals.

Thanks Leo, going to invest in one of these.
White MK3 Focus RS.
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Hi Guys
A much cheaper option in the long run (I have both btw) is the DI tank which is refillable
Got mine here ready to go filled with resin and including fittings if interested ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VYAIR-11-7-Li ... 2808081076?
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

bigknd wrote: ↑Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am Hi Guys
A much cheaper option in the long run (I have both btw) is the DI tank which is refillable
Got mine here ready to go filled with resin and including fittings if interested ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VYAIR-11-7-Li ... 2808081076?
Thanks bigknd will look into this too!
White MK3 Focus RS.
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 pm
Yes, exactly that.

[/quote]

Cheers, my aqua gleam filter arrived yesterday. I think I'll mount it in the garage as the outside tap is some distance from the garage. Then use a dedicated new hose from the filter.
Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post