Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Nice review I thought

still have not seen one yet

http://www.caradvice.com.au/videos/2018 ... er-review/

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Saw one on a transporter on my drive home from getting the new exhaust fitted yesterday.
Don't think much of the 4cy option or the redesigned exhaust but I'm happy there's something that gives it away.

Gave it some beans hoping my car would make that car jealous ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

When I went to sign the final paperwork for mine last week, there was a 4-cyl one at the dealership, and I asked if I could start it up and see what it's like. It's very quiet, no bark like the V6/V8 variants and just didn't "excite" like them. Very glad I went for the 6-cyl option!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Deleted User 1088

Hello

Also when we get some new forum members join with their 2.0 models .. lets please make them welcome, and not knock or ridicule their purchase ..
I still believe there is a slot in the range for this model ..

regards
steveh

Post by steveh »

Saw one at the dealers last weekend, apart from the large single exhaust it looked the same but I didn't study it closely. Gives another option, some may prefer, not everyone likes noise.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

There's no criticism buying an 4-cyl at all! Every review I've read says the handling is just that bit sweeter, and as steveh says, some people don't want the noise or require the extra grunt the bigger engines provide. For me, I wanted my F-Type to be a bit of a pantomime - and the V6 exhaust note delivers exactly what I wanted. Plus, when I ordered, the 4-cyl wasn't on my work discount scheme.. Would have been an interesting thought if it was! But ultimately, I'm coming from a Z4 which was 0-60 in around 5.9, I wanted to feel an increase power spending F-Type money, and the only way to do that was to get the V6 :D I do quite like the one big exhaust, I have to admit.
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Deleted User 1088

Chrissyg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 pm There's no criticism buying an 4-cyl at all! Every review I've read says the handling is just that bit sweeter, and as steveh says, some people don't want the noise or require the extra grunt the bigger engines provide. For me, I wanted my F-Type to be a bit of a pantomime - and the V6 exhaust note delivers exactly what I wanted. Plus, when I ordered, the 4-cyl wasn't on my work discount scheme.. Would have been an interesting thought if it was! But ultimately, I'm coming from a Z4 which was 0-60 in around 5.9, I wanted to feel an increase power spending F-Type money, and the only way to do that was to get the V6 :D I do quite like the one big exhaust, I have to admit.
:D ... good post
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

I looked at one in my local dealer 61k , apparently the car is a bit lighter with the smaller engine also I noticed the exhaust has only one valve to open for loudness.
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I would add to my comments that for the money, there certainly isn't anything else that looks as good as the F, and there isn't any other 4cyl out there that looks as good, so I can see the appeal for sure.
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I reckon a blue 4 cylinder might have been driving around the town centre last bank holiday weekend. When it went past it certainly wasn't quiet and made an F Type racket as expected. But I remember thinking it didn't sound quite as deep and bellowy as usual. I did't think to turn around an look at the exhaust. Only afterwards did I realise the difference in sound might have been the 4 pot engine. Impressive, if it was, because although it did sound different to the V6's it wasn't that obvious.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post