F Type 2.0

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Just to let you know Beadles off the A127 leigh on sea .. have a ultra blue 2.0 F Type in their show room .. might be of interest to some local members if they wanted to see the colour at least in the flesh

regards

1stFType

Post by 1stFType »

Well I test drove one of these at the weekend and have to say I am seriously impressed. I am still toying between the V6 R Dynamic and to be honest the 4 Pot R Dynamic - I think I may be able to live with it better. Do people think that I would be purchasing a beautiful looking car, that is actually lacking the soul of an F type...?
MY2019, 2.0 Turbo Four R-Dynamic, Fuji White, 20’’ 5 split gloss black finish alloys, black pack, parking pack, carbon fibre roof, yellow calipers.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

1stFType wrote: ↑Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:05 pm Well I test drove one of these at the weekend and have to say I am seriously impressed. I am still toying between the V6 R Dynamic and to be honest the 4 Pot R Dynamic - I think I may be able to live with it better. Do people think that I would be purchasing a beautiful looking car, that is actually lacking the soul of an F type...?
It's an interesting question and can only be personal opinion if it's lacking. On paper it has HP and performance
However, I've spent a decade driving BMW Z4's and my observation is that almost everyone considered the 4 cylinder somehow lacking to the 6 cylinder engines. For sure they suited some people due to age, insurance, company car tax, etc. but the majority who stayed in Z4's upgraded to a 6 cylinder due to performance, prestige and no real world running cost differences. Certainly the 4's didn't hold value well as they were less sought after as they aged
Does all this hold true for the F type - I don't know
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

1stFType wrote: ↑Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:05 pm Well I test drove one of these at the weekend and have to say I am seriously impressed. I am still toying between the V6 R Dynamic and to be honest the 4 Pot R Dynamic - I think I may be able to live with it better. Do people think that I would be purchasing a beautiful looking car, that is actually lacking the soul of an F type...?
Hello ... not at all, F Type is a F Type .. different type of soul maybe πŸ‘ But not lacking that's for sure😊
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Have you driven a V6? If not, I'd definitely get in one and get a couple of miles under your belt as the noise of the V6 is what would win me over if I was buying right now! I'm sure the 4 pot drives beautifully, but I just love a 6 cylinder sound and the smooth power delivery compared to a 4. I don't think it will be lacking soul, just maybe not quite the same soul!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

I think the opportunity to own any F-Type is an amazing experience and think it would be difficult to be unhappy with any of the models. I still can't believe I have one! I thought about 2.0 new but went for a 3.0 S that was 3 years old. It's almost like new and I really wanted racing red and I got a spec that someone had seen Β£30k depreciation on so almost fully loaded. I think try both but my gut feel is the 3.0 will be more desirable secondhand, the noise! and mpg is pretty good I doubt much worse than the 2.0. My mpg avg has got upto 32mpg on motorways. A nearly new demo 3.0 R Dynamic would probably be a great buy for you.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I can't help but think the next F Ttype will have something like a 1.6 V4 with electric power also, similar to the new Merc or an F1 car etc
Not as much power obviously, but similar setup.

So the 4cyl downsize is probably to get us all used to the idea ;)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
davidd

Post by davidd »

I'd be interested to see what the power delivery is like on them. They are a bit down on Torque but the lighter engine might make up for that.

I've had plenty of exciting sounding 4 pots, the sound is just different to a V.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post